cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misold package

cabereoje
Tuning in

I'm on M200 fibre. I called in to complain that my fibre download may drop down to 17mbps and no mote than 96mbps. I was encouraged to upgrade 13 days ago to upgrade to 520mbps which turned out to not have improved things. I called in yesterday, to take advantage of the 14 days cooling off period to revert to back to M200. The lady I spoke to convinced me to go on to upgrade to 1gbps (~1024mbps) but would have to take a 10gb data o2 SIM card for £10 per month. I told her that o2 signal is very poor indoors in my area but she told me that it's a condition that I have to qualify for the 1GB upgrade. I asked her if there's a cheaper SIM and she told me 6GB for £6 a month. I opted for that knowing fully well that I may not use the SIM. I got an email from o2 today which reads Your bill for 10/10/22 comes to £10.00. What do I do now? It is a good thing that I copied off the transcript before we ended the call because I wasn't offered the opportunity of it being emailed to me.

14 REPLIES 14

Personally, I don’t think there is any question here, you were blatantly mis-sold a product and outright lied to by the VM agent, which incidentally is illegal!

Golden rule, if a connection isn’t working too well then upgrading NEVER, EVER fixes it - it does make your bank account slightly lighter and VM’s a bit healthier, but that’s about it!

So firstly, you take Andrew’s advice above re. a complaint to Trading Standards, secondly, you initiate a formal complaint to VM using their web form, this complaint will actually be fobbed off as per VM’s usual standard of customer care! That’s fine, after eight weeks you escalate it to the industry adjudicator CISAS, if and when it comes to that, you might want to mention the poor advice given on this support forum by a VM employee, ie, and I am paraphrasing, ‘sorry about that but you’ll have to jump through some hoops and call O2 yourself - good luck with that one’

Thank you jem101, I'll do as you suggested. What surprised me yesterday is that the chat bot never offered me to get copy of chat by email. Fortunately, I copied the whole chat and pasted into Word document before ending the service. 

Charles 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, cabereoje,

I am truly sorry for your experience with us, have you spoken to the O2 team regarding this?

Zoie

@Jem101, I have cancelled the o2 SIM. Virgin engineer visited my property yesterday and confirmed that there is, definitely, a problem on my line. He said he tried to get a technician to fix the fault but couldn't get anyone. He promised to call me back to give me an update but didn't. I sent him a text today to ask about the status of the problem and he replied that Networks are on it. They do not need to access the property. I then asked him how I would know that it was fixed and he replied Message me tomorrow as I can check remotely.

Thank you for keeping us up to date @cabereoje. Glad to hear the engineer is replying and looking into this for you. Please let us know what they advise tomorrow, hopefully this will be resolved for you soon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley