cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misold contract

Alanr3
Joining in

Hi ive been misold a contract as a carrot not to leave virgin media by someone i was transfered to when i was trying to cancel 

Ive not got the tv channels i was promised and my box keeps cutting out i agreed to pay £55 per month yet virgin went in my bank and tried to get £87 i wasnt sent email about contract by this person but was told i would get the moon and stars now ive been restricted and virgin wa t £198.74 of me for no misold services help i just want to leave this company now 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which channels do you think you're missing? And which TV package are you on?

If you're able to be specific, it may just help us work out what's happened. If you're not sure about your package, check your contract/bills.

The bill amounts will need the staff to respond, but with some specific info on the questions above, we can probably make a head-start.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Alanr3, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of your recent poor experience and package change issues. I will be able to look into this for you, but first I will need to confirm some information with you. I will send you a PM to do this - you can find it in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. I will return to the public thread to update it once we have this resolved for you. 

All the best. 

Molly

When i called virgin to cancell my contract because of faulty equipment box cuts out get message please wait then resets itself o reported to several staff and numerous calls l eventually gave up and called to get away from virgin i was transferred to a woman in the cancellation department who told me the fault would be sorted out and for £55 per month i would get more tv channels and bt sport and faster internet  so i foolishly took her offer and gave virgin another chance

Low and behold this never happened i got less channels no contract details sent to me and then virgin tried to take £87 out my account ???????? Now its a shambles they have restricted my internet and tv channels everytime i contact someone i get told conflicting information im at my wits end i just want rid of this dishonest company now then publish the way i was treated by them go to ofcom 

Thanks for coming back to us @Alanr3 and sorry for the ongoing issues and problems that you've had contacting the team. I can see that you have been advised in a previous private message from Molly, why your services have been restricted. You would need to take care of that before we can look into getting the contract you have been offered.

Regards,

Steven_L

I was told by customer service adviser that paying £87 ish would get my missold contract and services back on is that still the case 

Hi Alanr3, sorry to hear this is ongoing for you. 

It would be best if you can give us a call to discuss re-payment options for you. As previously advised, sadly we are unable to resolve the issues with your service whilst you are under a non-pay disconnection. You will need to give us a call on 
0141 3750958 to speak to the team about your options. 

If you would like to come back to us again once your services have been re-instated we will be happy to support you with the service issues you are having! 

All the best. 

Molly