cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misled during an upgrade, asked to revert and put back on something I wasn't.

dale-29
Tuning in

So a long sequence of events but a 'quick' summary;

• Have been on a 30 day rolling 350 + Phone package since August 2021 right from the beginning as a new customer. I had to ring multiple times to actually get a contract with the correct term date of 'X' on it. Eventually this worked out and put in the past.
  • I contacted support about upgrading to the Gig1 service whilst keeping my 30day rolling contract, the live chat agent said this could be done and I reconfirmed this multiple times during the chat which the live chat agent confirmed was correct. 
  • I then received a contract for 18 months, contacted support who then said a 30 day rolling doesn't exist for the Gig1 so the previous agent had flat out lied to get me to upgrade. 
  • Numerous phone calls and eventually getting through to cancellations with no other options than to revert back to what I was previously on, I confirm with the agent over the phone that this will be back to my 30 day rolling 350 contract, they confirm. I thought 'Great back to my 30 day rolling 350' and be done with the issue. 
  • The following day I see a 18 month contract sent for the 350, something that I was not on previously. Thought I would give social media a go to see if I got a better response and to their credit they gave me a direct link, spoke with the person via live chat and they confirmed they would sort it. 
  • Still no change on the contract to now be told the contract has been dealt with and they cannot send me the updated one as it doesn't exist. I believe this is also another lie as my original 30 day contract contradicts this statement showing the 'X' in the contract term.
  • Another phone call later I have then been told that there is note on my account to remove the 18 month term by a manager that had not been carried out yet supposedly.

So my questions are;

1. How is being mislead during an upgrade acceptable? (I have quite clear evidence of this, if anyone wishes to contest this including my multiple confirmations.)
  2. How is being reverted to an incorrect contract that I wasn't even on previously acceptable?
  3. Why are changes being made if the relevant authorization was not there?
  4. Is the system just setup to be a pain in the a** at every stage hoping you'll just give up?
  5. How is being told just to 'ignore' the 18 month bit that is currently tied to my account acceptable? (I can almost guarantee that same statement when I come to cancel in 8 months time will be conveniently forgotten as they tried to pull this same stunt when I signed up originally in our new house Aug2021.)

I mean I'm just in awe really. Its almost as if the whole system is set up to be in convenient as possible and prey on people forgetting or not checking details. Ridiculous really. 

My next step would be just requesting a cancellation completely and seeing how they deal with that and try to pull the 'your on an 18 month contract we can't do that'. 

I have already loaded one complaint that had been fobbed off because it was quite evidently dealt with someone that didn't really read it. Not sure how 'providing more information' is an acceptable response to being mislead during an upgrade. Convenient how the complaints portals seems like it protects them more than it solves with no way to directly respond other than 'give us a ring if your not happy'

I've already progressed one CISAS complaint successfully with another provider for a similar situation to this so I'm not afraid to do the same here and conveniently for Virgin there isn't any way to force your way to a deadlock through the complaints portal unlike that other one. Unluckily for Virgin though I am very patient and I will make sure that it rises through the relevant channels if I keep getting fobbed off, I've already put a dsar request.

However I would prefer if it didn't get to that level though, I saw and opportunity that has now turned into a curse and to be totally honest I just want the 30 day rolling back on my 350 I had previously and be gone in 8 months when my FTTP exclusivity has lapsed.

Also if anyone also want's to tell me that rolling contract broadband doesn't exist like that have when I first signed up and at every opportunity since here you go - virginmedia.com/broadband/rolling-contract

If someone from forums could look into this it would be greatly appreciated as your systems do seem to be failing left right and center currently.

Dale

2 REPLIES 2

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dale-29,

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear you have had a poor journey and that you have not been given answers and been misinformed.

I can take a look into this for you. I will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dale-29, 

Thank you for messaging with me, I am glad I was able to confirm details with you although I can only apologise this does not yet reflect on your My Virgin Media account. 

Zoie