cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misinformation

Hassanbutt
Tuning in

Hi,
I just wanted to update the community about a situation that I have faced recently with Virgin Media.

I renewed my contract with Virgin Media in Jan'23. I was told that no amount will be deducted from my bank account in February ( since I moved to a new contract & no price increase in my contract for 2023) and the updated new amount will reflect in the February bill cycle & deducted in March.
 Few days later signing the new contract, I accessed my virginmedia app and found the old contract amount deduction still present.
I got in touch with Virgin via WhatsApp and the agent on the WhatsApp shared something completely different with regards to billing compared to the agent I had talked to previously.
I then got in touch with Virgin again on 3rd Feb to complaint about the misinformation and was told that the agent with whom I had a chat on the call was correct in saying that no amount will be deducted from my account in February whereas the agent on WhatsApp shared the wrong information. The agent excused and offered a £10 credit and confirmed that the next amount due for me will be in March.
Now today i.e. 13th Feb I noticed that Virgin deducted money from my bank account in relation to my old contract amount which I was not expecting considering what I was informed previously ( and confirmed twice by the agents).
I called virgin today i.e. 13th Feb and a new story popped up. I was told that the information shared with me previously by all the agents regarding the bill was wrong and the old contract amount should be deducted from my bank!

So, what do you say about this situation?

Do we expect such non serious, lethargic and unprofessional behaviour from an organisation like Virgin? I have already lodged a complained with them but absolutely disgusted with the customer service agents!

It is clear from my interaction with Virgin that there is no single source of truth. Funny thing is that the £10 offered to me as a "goodwill" gesture by the agent on 3rd Feb, was not existent today! The agent today couldn't see any goodwill gesture registered to my account! This whole episode shows how incompetent these customer service agents are. 

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Hassanbutt 

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums, and welcome! It's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this experience, I understand how frustrating this must be. 

Can I just clarify what was originally told you to by the agent, did they state that no payment would be taken at all from your bank in February? Can I clarify why they said this would be? 

Thank you

Hi Ashleigh,

Thank you for your message.

It's more of an annoyance than being frustrated. 

To answer your questions, yes the agent did mention that no payment would be deducted in Feb because I asked the agent about the future payments forecast. (Payment for the month of Feb and March)

Thanks

Thank you @Hassanbutt 

Did the agent state why a payment would not be taken? For example were there prorates that covered the bill for February? 

Hi Ashleigh,

I don't know about the technicalities and the right person to answer this question of yours is the agent, not me!

If you want, I can share the complaint number and then you can research yourself with regards to what was said during the call and the subsequent calls ( & WhatsApp msgs) after that initial interaction.

Thanks

Hassan 

Thank you for popping back to me @Hassanbutt

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this and what has happened. I'll pop one over now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.