cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MisSold Package

JayF4791
Joining in

I am trying this forum in the hope someone from the VM team can help, My utlimate oomph bundle came to an end so I phoned customer services, I was offered the new volt 2 package with 360 upgrade and 1tb internet with a free o2 sim to replace my free virgin mobile sim, I was offered the complete package for £108 with no other costs/charges mentioned.

Sadly I have been charged £111 from Virgin media, £25 from O2 that I was not told would about and charged £24.95 for a connection fee that was also not mentioned on the phone by the sales person who I believe miss informed me to get a better bonus!

In this current climate I didn't think a company I have been with for this many years would want to mislead people into bills they do now expect, I have been on the phone to customer services 4 times and been cut off every time, I contacted VM through the complaints system who seem to think I am enquiring about a new package and direct me to the sales team.

So can someone on here please help me sort this out or do I need to cancel all direct debits and wait for someone to call me!!!

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm only going to respond to the one part of your post I can give any sensible answer to...

@JayF4791 wrote:

So can someone on here please help me sort this out or do I need to cancel all direct debits and wait for someone to call me!!!

No-one's going to call you if you cancel direct debits, of that I can (virtually) promise you. If regular payments aren't met, you might get a late payment charge, you could then get suspended, and eventually find your credit file has unfavourable entries on it.

But no-one's going to call you, and it's a bad way to go about things.

The forum staff should pick this post up in a day or so, and can do a dig into your account and see what's gone on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JayF4791 wrote:

I am trying this forum in the hope someone from the VM team can help, <snip>

Does the resolution to this topic (which does sound rather similar)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Volt-contract-dishonouring-customer...

help any?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JayF4791,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your package.

The £25 charge for the O2 SIM is correct, I am sorry you was informed that it was free. We do not normally deal with package related issues from this forums, but due to the content of what has happened we should be able to.

Can you please tell me if you have already raised a complaint regarding the O2 Sim? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

I have raised a complaint through VM but all i received back from the complaint was a message where they thought i was enquiring about a new package where they are redirecting me to the sales team and not fully reading the issues I have raised..

Jay

Hi @JayF4791,

Thank you for expanding on this for us. I am really sorry to hear that this has happened.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some additional details and have a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

search for other posts on a similar line - the legal side of this is that VM must offer you what was offered not some compromise - dont settle for anything less that what that was - if they do not then you can take it to the regulator who in the majority of cased find with you or whoever complains

that not the quickest thing and hopefully VM will sort it but the detail of what you need to do is well documented on the forum

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @JayF4791,

Thank you for reaching out to me via private message so that we could look into what's happened here fully.

I'm glad that we were able to reach a resolution with your package concerns. Please do feel free to reach back out to us here on the forums if you need our help again in the future.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!