cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold contract

gregorgregor25
Tuning in

I signed up yesterday.  I explicitly advised the sales rep that I required at least 2 virgin wifi pods as I had two devices within my home that required an ethernet connection and that I would unable to run a huge ethernet cable directly to  these devices.  This was no issue and he signed me up for the 'Bigger Bundle' 256 MB, Maxit TV, weekend chatter and also up too three wifi pods at no extra cost.  I clarified the details with him multiple times and he confirmed. The call was made to the sales team (in UK) at 1547 28/03/2023.  He told me as soon as I was registered for my online account I could request the pods.  I tried to do this this morning and that's where things started to go wrong. I called and spoke to Pre Installations and the advised that my package does not include the wifi guarantee/wifi max within this package and only comes with Volt packages and tried to offer me alternative packages either at a cheaper price but with less services or at a more expensive price than i agreed to.  After my call yesterday I cancelled my services with Sky.  Have spent more than an houre on the phone tihs morning and I am no further forward.  What do I do?  I really hope that a mod here can pick this up and my a resolution and a way forward that honors what I was told. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @gregorgregor25 thanks for coming back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Certainly an element of mis-selling where a contract is sold that is unsuitable for the consumer's stated needs, but probably easier to assert a breach of your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Section 50 part 1, since you agreed that the deal included at least 2 pods, and that becomes contractually binding since you relied upon the assurances of VM's representative. 

See if forum staff can get you the pods sent out without charge, if they can't then I will explain how to get them by taking a complaint to Ombudsman Services, which is a regrettably slow process, but will be effective, and will cost VM a lot more than simply honouring the agreed deal. 

I've never in my reasonably long life come across any other company that so regularly and routinely finds itself in the situation of agreeing contracts which it then refuses to honour.

Thanks a lot. That's much appreciated. I'll wait to see if this gets picked up by forum staff. 🤞

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gregorgregor25 👋 Thank you for your post. We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

In order to discuss this in more detail, we'll need to send you a private message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right-hand corner very shortly.

Thank you for your support @Andrew-G 😀

Regards,

Daniel

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gregorgregor25 thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

Hi @gregorgregor25 thanks for coming back to me privately.  
Regards
Lee_R