cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold contract

spicyricey
Joining in

I’m absolutely appalled by the conduct of Virgin Media and it’s resolutions team. I signed up for a broadband deal via MSE at £23.95 at the end of May 21. I received an email shortly afterwards to say my next payment would be £23.95 as expected. I was completely shocked to learn I’m actually being billed £51 a month, more than double the advertised price!

I decided to raise this as a complaint and I thought it would be sorted out pretty quickly. I got a really lacklustre response back to say, “yeah, your contract is £51 per month for the next 18 months.” I’m absolutely gobsmacked by this response. This is absolutely shocking behaviour by Virgin, it stinks of mis-selling and fraud. I plan to flag this to both MSE and Ofcom.

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What did the contract you signed say?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I agreed the contract online which displayed as £23.95. It’s only after seeing the first bill I noticed the monthly charge at £51 a month. I wish I had taken a screenshot as I went through the sign up process but it’s really not something people should have to do.

you should have received a contract detailing all the costs, what does the contract say?

I never received a contract listing the costs. I have an order confirmation and a direct debit instruction.

Don't direct debit instructions have prices on them?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

op DD amounts are not static and can change. phone calls, PPV and other services can make the DD change