cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis sold bundle

Melodie
Joining in

I was lied to and now they want to charge me £240 for leaving. I already had broadband and decided to upgrade to get a tv package. The reason I’m getting a tv package was for 2 tv boxes and kids channels. I made this very clear several times that I wanted two boxes. Once over their online chat and the next time via a phone call. They sold me the package and it turned up with only one box! I called to check out what happened and they said I only have 1 box on the system and can’t do anything about it and if I leave it’s £240. So they miss sold me a package and charging me the same amount as if I were having two boxes and are now denying it and charging me to leave. I made a complaint which they haven’t responded to either. It’s absolutely disgusting.

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Complaints of VM sales agents 'misinterpreting' the customer's requirements and what was agreed, then putting through something different, during package changes have been mentioned on the forum in the past. Were you able to keep a copy of the chat log detailing what was agreed? Presumably your 14 day cooling off period has expired?

They didn’t misinterpreted, they repeated what I wanted. I actually posted this on trust pilot and was replied back to from virgin media and told to post it here. My cooling period hasn’t ended as I only got it on the weekend but was told I’d still have to pay. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

I think you have missed my quotes around the word 'misinterpreted' - a charitable choice of word for what might actually have taken place!

If you are still within your cooling off period after taking out a new package over the phone, then you should have the right to cancel the change within 14 days since what VM have provided is not what you asked for/wanted.

Refer to section M of VM's T&C's.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#cooli...

Depending on who you actually speak to on the phone, you may any number of different answers, many of which may not be reliable.

Before phoning back though, wait for the VM forum team to respond on here. They will usually be able to provide more useful help than you will get over the phone.

The VM forum team don't generally deal with package changes on here but they should at least be able to check your account and see what has happened. They will typically respond here in a day or two.

If the VM forum team can't help or offer any further advice, then phone back and exercise your right to cancel within the 14 day cooling off period.

Oh sorry my mistake. I appreciate your help. 

I was told by the virgin team on trust pilot that they will respond via the forum and investigate so fingers crossed I actually get paid attention to.

Im just shocked that they quoted back to me what I asked for and sold me the package and then sent less than agreed and still are charging me for it and treating me like it’s my mistake not theirs!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Melodie,

Sorry to see you are having these issues with the miss old bundle. It won't be the first time, nor the last where "mistakes" have been made.

I'm sure a VM Forum Staff Member will look into this for you and try and sort out the mess, however they can't change packages so their hands may be tied, but they should be able to look into the package and billing.

The only Broadband and TV package that was recently sold with 2 set top boxes was the Ultimate Oomph bundle.  (Since yesterday it's now called the Ultimate Volt bundle)  Any other package with an additional set top box would usually cost an extra £10 per month on top of the package price, and you should have been informed of that during the sale.

Log into https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index  at the top of the page and click on check your contract details. This should show if an additional box was added (it might have been a mistake and not put on correctly as at one time, due to covid  VM weren't sending out engineers to install the second box)

If they've added the additional box (which I've indicated with red crosses) it should look like the screen shot below

If it was supposed to have been installed and VM never got round to it due to covid then you should have been receiving a credit for the additional box.

contract - additional boxcontract - additional box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Melodie,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. It's disappointing to hear that you feel you've been miss-sold a package by our team.

We can certainly understand your frustration, especially as you asked for an additional box and only one arrived.

Can we ask what package you signed up for? We're you advised of the additional cost of a 2nd box.

If you are within your 14-day cooling off period, you do have the right to cancel your services without penalty. For more information about this you can check the link here.

As our valued members @newapollo and @goslow have given some amazing advice already, can we ask if you have logged on to your online account to check what package you have been offered?

We will be more than happy to check your account from our end, to see exactly what has been added to your package.

Let me know if this is something you would like us to do and we can pop you over a private message.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I have the oomph bundle. I was told my package would come to £47 they said normally the extra box would come at an extra £10 but I’m getting it at a discounted rate of only £8. So my package was £39 without the extra box. She said as I’m already a customer and I’m upgrading I get a discounted bundle price for 18 months. Otherwise normally I’d be paying £90. 

I don’t feel I have been mis sold, I have been mis sold. I told them what I wanted, they repeated it back to me, gave me the price and we went ahead with it and then they actually sent out something different than agreed. They lied to me and have basically conned me.

Thanks for coming back to us @Melodie,

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll seek to pass data protection with you on the account

Kindest regards,

David_Bn