cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis sold a contract

J14ema
Joining in

Hi, I’ve recently signed an 18 month contract for a package that virgin are now saying they didn’t agree to, I’m stuck with paying and extra £25 per month for the next 18 months because of this, I’ve requested all my account details, is there anything else I can do.  
Was told the package came with a sim and this would come from o2 , but o2 are charging me £25 and I can’t cancel either without paying early termination charges.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I assume that by "requested all my account details" you mean you've made a subject access request for all data VM hold on you.  That should include voice recordings, and if those support your recollection, then the deal is binding on VM.  Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, all information provided by a company either verbally or in writing is legally binding if the customer relies on it when entering a contract, so no excuses get VM off the hook.

If the data doesn't have the voice recordings, then there's no basis of evidence for either party's interpretation of what was agreed, and you can reject the contract, VM will have to void it, and you can start again as you see fit.

Let us know how VM respond, if need be we can offer further advice on getting the matter resolved.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
This forum isnt monitored by VM staff - I will move it to the Account forum

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I assume that by "requested all my account details" you mean you've made a subject access request for all data VM hold on you.  That should include voice recordings, and if those support your recollection, then the deal is binding on VM.  Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, all information provided by a company either verbally or in writing is legally binding if the customer relies on it when entering a contract, so no excuses get VM off the hook.

If the data doesn't have the voice recordings, then there's no basis of evidence for either party's interpretation of what was agreed, and you can reject the contract, VM will have to void it, and you can start again as you see fit.

Let us know how VM respond, if need be we can offer further advice on getting the matter resolved.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi J14ema, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🙂
I am so sorry to hear this, can you please give us some more info on what happened. Do you have an email confirmation of your deal?

With you mentioning O2 is this a volt deal? If so you will receive bills and direct debits will come from both us and O2.

Please keep us posted.

Zoie

Thank you, I will keep you posted