cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Netflix subscription with new VM package

timxh
Tuning in

Existing Netflix subscriber, as I understood the previous package (Oomph) didn't include NF.  Now moved to Volt which does.  Clearly no point in paying for the same NF subscription twice but I can't figure out how to add NF to the new package.  I don't want to upgrade NF so this should result in no further payment to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @timxh,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with setting up your Netflix account to be paid for as part of your Virgin Media bundle. Have you received any documentation from us about activating Netflix? I'd advise checking your junk/spam email folder if you haven't done so already.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @timxh,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with setting up your Netflix account to be paid for as part of your Virgin Media bundle. Have you received any documentation from us about activating Netflix? I'd advise checking your junk/spam email folder if you haven't done so already.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes I got an email.  When I click the link it doesn't work (takes me to a 404 page).

VM email.PNG

Contacted NF and they give me conflicting advice.  They say I have to cancel my subscription with them - it won't happen automatically and they will continue to charge me until this happens.

I changed my VM package at the end of last month but NF have still taken the October payment.

Hi @timxh,

Thank you for that. Do you have to your My Virgin Media online account? The link in the email that you state isn't working will lead you there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

timxh
Tuning in

But the email states I only need to do something if I don't have an active account - I do.  When I go onto my VM box (channel 204) it just starts up NF as usual.  If I exit NF it takes me back to the previous channel.  If I key in 204 again it just starts up NF automatically.  There is no way to sign up again.

NF are charging me and say they won't refund as it's not their issue.  VM are saying the same, even though I was informed via the email above that the account merge would be automatic.

Thanks for coming back to us timxh, you would need to log out of Netflix on your box, you can do that by heading for the help and settings section at the bottom on the left of the screen, there will be a sign out option there that you would need to use. Please could you give that a try for me?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

timxh
Tuning in

I spoke with VM again yesterday following a live chat with NF where the agent was adamant that I need to cancel NF and there is no automatic merge, despite the emails from VM saying this would happen.  After over 1 hour on the phone the VM call handler finally advised that what NF are saying is correct.  The agent had no explanation why I have been sent two (identical) emails to say I do not need to do anything and this would happen automatically.  NF have confirmed they will continue to take subscription payments until I cancel.  Neither VM or NF are willing to refund for the subscription paid, that is now not needed.

Very poor communication from VM again.  

Thanks for coming back to me timxh, has the agent been able to set your account up to be able to use Netflix as you should with just one account? 

Did the agent that you spoke to advise, why you would not be refunded for the extra charges that you paid for Netflix?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

They said VM wouldn't refund as it wasn't their issue.  Despite the fact that VM has sent me two emails (as above) saying this would happen automatically.  The agent said that doesn't happen anymore but couldn't tell me why VM has sent me emails saying it would.  NF refused to refund as they say it's up to me to cancel my subscription.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for sharing more on this issue, timxh.
We're sorry to see your request for a refund from Netflix got declined and this experience with your subscription with us, I'd like to see how we can best help with the problems faced so I'll send you a PM here soon.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs