cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memorable words

uk712578
Joining in

Hi just had a nightmare where I’ve forgotten my memorable word and could not get through security with my other account details. I phoned up about my wife’s email password being reset as her account has been locked. Only option offered was an email of the memorable word or a letter. The first worryingly did not turn up. So I hope I don’t have to wait probably 5 days for the letter. Can anyone help me out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Indeed, I suppose it would help if all of VM's call centre workers actually understood the company procedures - anyone might be forgiven in thinking that they weren't all trained to the same high standard now, wouldn't they?

Call back tomorrow, see if by chance you get someone with a better idea.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you forget your account password, then CS agents can ask alternate security questions that are designed to be answerable by the account holder with knowledge of the package & payments.

If you can't answer those, then the process is then to send a reminder letter to the registered address. This protects the account holder from any other third party gaining access to the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for confirming this I had said to the 150 operator that I had my billing details but they incorrectly said I still needed the memorable word or letters from it. At least I’m not going mad. Many thanks. 

Indeed, I suppose it would help if all of VM's call centre workers actually understood the company procedures - anyone might be forgiven in thinking that they weren't all trained to the same high standard now, wouldn't they?

Call back tomorrow, see if by chance you get someone with a better idea.

Hey there @uk712578, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the memorable word.
I can get this reset for you - I will send you a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs