Menu
Makster88
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Media Plate on New Build

Just moved into a new build that has a Virgin Media plate (just a white plate with the logo, no ports) and I want to transfer over our existing Fibre Optic Broadband contract but the postcode checker and telephone support states Virgin isn’t supported when the building development insists it is and I can see for myself the media plate.

Can you help? Postcode is E17 9SL

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Media Plate on New Build

Hi Makster88,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch with your problem. I'm sorry that you've been having difficulty pinning down the correct information.

When a new build property is pre-wired, this would usually mean that we have an agreement in place with the developer to connect all homes in the area. However, due to the amount of work needed to complete a new branch of our network, sometimes the properties are finished before all the backend works are done. From my experience, it sounds like the internal wiring of the property was installed during construction, but the street cabinets or underground connections may not yet be ready

I'd recommend getting in touch with our National Homebuilders team on 08000737100 as they will have the most up to date information and can definitively confirm whether the property will be serviceable.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos