cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mates rates

jonene
Tuning in

I'm an ex- Virgin Media employee moving from my rates to mates rates. I'm trying to find out what my new monthly rate will be when I move onto mates rates, but of course customer services are not able help me.

A contact number or email address for either the mates rates or my rates teams would be good.  And no, the 0345 454 1111 number is no help as they have no clue about this.  Also, I was given an 0800 number in a chat session which was no longer in use and referred me back to the 0345 number 🙄

32 REPLIES 32

I’ve just called to speak to multiple advisors, eventually got to a manager who seemed helpful but wasn’t able to actually tell me what was going on or how to fix it, told me to send a photo of the letter to WhatsApp help, but doubt they can do anything. How can virgin send out this information and not honour it, surely there’s a way to take this above 

As we have advised connora1,

Package changes are not something we're able to deal with from our community forums. If our team have requested evidence of the package your have been offered, once they have this we can then see if they will honour the deal for you. 

You will need to send the relevant evidence to the team as requested.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi. I’m new here. But I’m experiencing the same problem. Have you had any positive results from your enquiry. 
as far as I can find out mates rates is a 25% discount. 
I have also just upgraded my sim only. It’s supposed to be 1,50£ a month. With the life long my rates / mates rates. But I just got a bill for my first month 8£. 🤷‍♂️😂 who knows 

Hi @simonshezzer,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there's some confusion regarding your package and a package change. Have you discussed this with our retentions team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi. Yes I have tried. But unfortunately they have no idea about my rates or the discounts 

it has been quite frustrating tbh. 
I got the same letter as a few people on here. About the discount being a former employee and being part of the family. But unfortunately it doesn’t give any specifics. 
other than 60 days. My bill went from 15,50 to 112£ overnight. 
so unfortunately I had to cancel my services. And went on 50 mg bb. 
the essentials package. 

Hi all ,
Ive got the same letter after retiring , customer services told me my march bill will be 47.60 and april will be £112 , but they cant actually do anything to help so they put me through to sales who didnt even understand mates rates.
As above looks like the only answer is to cease the service as I cant afford £112

I am having the same problem. Care line and online help do not understand my question and keep talking about price rises and saying I’m not in contract so not to worry. The letter is beyond vague and the care team do not understand my question. 
What is my price increasing to? 
and when??? 
2 simple things I cannot get an answer for ? 

Hi @Laurasmith26 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that the letter was not clear for you. I can see that you have been in touch today and was advised to email the team. I can certainly check at my side for you as well. Just to advise we cannot perform package changes via the community forums, so if you ae not happy with the package price you'll need to contact through the available customer service contact methods by calling on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via SMS 0753 305 1809 and WhatsApp on 07305 327 112 our team will be more than happy to perform a package review for you. They will ensure that you're on the best possible deal for your package.

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you for joining me on private message @Laurasmith26 

Glad we were able to get you package fully confirmed for you today. If you wish to discuss other packages available to you, you can call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via SMS 0753 305 1809 and WhatsApp on 07305 327 112 our team will be more than happy to perform a package review for you.  Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

anyone on this post had a successfull conclusion yet ? as I am still waiting ,sent a copy of the letter of as requested (with account details)2 weeks ago to be dealt with by the appropriate dept.

If this is how VM deals with its retired colleagues God help the rest of you