cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing & Communication Preferences

Jingleman
Up to speed

Hi,

I'd like to amend my Marketing/Communication Preferences. In the accounts section online it's either all or nothing.

Marketing Preferences.png

What I'd like is to receive notifications like Price Increases via e-mail or even offers via e-mail, but no marketing telephone calls of any kind. Prefer not to receive communication by post.

Can anyone on the Forum Team change this for me, please?

Gave up with Chat Bot after 2 hours!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jingleman 

The way the VM marketing works doesn't allow the turning off for individual elements, it's therefore receive no communication from VM, or receive all communications from VM.

VM should though send communiction of any forthcoming price rises.

Turning off marketting doesn't stop VM sending literature by post addressed to the householder.

You may be able to see package offers from time to time by logging into My Virgin Media > My upgrades & offers

You can also log into My Virgin Media at any time and view your latest bill and contract which both contain the end dates of any discounts you may have.  You can then use this information to determine if it's time to call up VM and negotiate a new contract (ideally in the 30 days preceding a price increase/end of discount period)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jingleman, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

Are you unable to edit your preferences via your my virgin media? The screenshot above is unclear? Is this what you can see can you expand on it?

Zoie

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jingleman 

The way the VM marketing works doesn't allow the turning off for individual elements, it's therefore receive no communication from VM, or receive all communications from VM.

VM should though send communiction of any forthcoming price rises.

Turning off marketting doesn't stop VM sending literature by post addressed to the householder.

You may be able to see package offers from time to time by logging into My Virgin Media > My upgrades & offers

You can also log into My Virgin Media at any time and view your latest bill and contract which both contain the end dates of any discounts you may have.  You can then use this information to determine if it's time to call up VM and negotiate a new contract (ideally in the 30 days preceding a price increase/end of discount period)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @newappolo,

"The way the VM marketing works doesn't allow the turning off for individual elements, it's therefore receive no communication from VM, or receive all communications from VM"

Thanks very much, that answers my question 👍