Menu
mvarma
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Manned installation charge

I recently ordered the player TV bundle and received my first bill which shows the following charges:

Virgin media hub 3.0 manned installation - £0

Manned installation charge - £40

In the contract that I signed only the first charge was mentioned that is free.  However there was no mention of the £40 manned installation charge in the other items and charges section of the contract.  This is the first time virgin internet has been installed in the property and so self installation wasn't an available option as the cable had to be drilled through the walls into the house.

I talked to two different people on the live chat who were insistant the two charges are separate and that I should be paying the £40 manned installation charge despite me not having a choice of self installation.  Could someone confirm if this is the case?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Manned installation charge

As far as I no, it shouldn't be the case

Unless the rules have changed the £40 is only charged where a customer has specifically declined a self install. Where self install is not an available for any reason, you shouldn't be charged for the manned install.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi mvarma

I appreciate you getting in touch with us and welcome to the community forums.

I am sorry to hear there appears to have been an issue with this given what you have said.

For us to investigate this for you and as you have potentially had this emailed to you showing it should have been free can you please pop back to me on the PM I am sending to you that you can find on the top right so we can look into this further.

Many thanks.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi mvarma

If this is still not sorted for you can you please get back in touch with me via the PM I sent last week?

It would be great if you could.

I'd be happy to help out where we can on this one for you.

Many thanks

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
omarfysal
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please I have the same issue. I have been charged £40 when I placed my quick kit order from VM then I needed manned installation because I couldn't find any socket in the wall to connect my fibre.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi omarfysal, welcome to the community forums.

What method did you use to place your order with us? Was it online, over the phone or in person with one of our sales representitives? Have you previously contacted us through other methods regarding this?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
omarfysal
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dear Tom,

First thank you for your quick reply.

I placed my order online. However, when I found there is no fibre socket inside the house and just cut at the end of the fibre broadband wire, I called VM customer service and they arranged manned installation day for me and the said it will be free and assure that.

However, I can see now £40 manned installation fees and called the customer service with no luck to solve this problem.

Kind regards,

Omar

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your update Omar,

I'm going to send you a PM so I can confirm some additional details with you.

Thanks,

Tom_S