cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making sure voucher will be given

MER1
Joining in

Dear Virgin,

I signed up for new contract with Virgin, with £75 gift voucher as incentive. It wasn't clear when signing up that one had to click through the link that had been emailed to sign up to then claim the gift voucher.

I completed the sign up and only realised this afterwards. 

I contacted the online chat on 2nd December and explained the above and stated that I would cancel and start again if I could not get the voucher. 

The virgin customer service person, Jingle, stated "Please do not worry, the voucher will be released to you 28 days after the installation as the I can see here on the account notes that you signed up via Compax and they will be the one who will contact youregarding the voucher."

I wanted to confirm this is the case, please, as this advice seemed to conflict with an email from virgin which stated "Customers who cancel their order,cancel their contract or do not commence their contract within 60 days of purchase will not be eligible for areward voucher."

I did raise this will Jingle who said "Your installation is due by 8th December 2021 so your still within the timeframe. Don't worry Meriel."

Please could you confirm that the voucher will be issued? I didn't entirely trust the validity of the chat function, although I have it saved and it is pasted below (sorry for entire message, couldn't attach here as a file.

WIth thanks,

Meriel

Toni Triage Bot: Incentive was £75 gift voucher. Had link for gift voucher and clicked on it after signing upfor contract- didn't realise this was required as part of the process. Tried afterwards and it takes through tonew contract application. Now I'm concerned that I'm not able to claim the £75 gift voucher.
8:06, Dec 2
Toni Triage Bot: Please advise how I'm able to claim this. If so would cancel and start again.

Jingle: Great! That's a match! Thanks for passing security. To keep your account information safe, werecommend deleting the answer above and using the secured forms next time. Looking back at theconversation, you want to know status of the £75 gift voucher. I'm reviewing your account now. Would therebe anything else that you want me to check after this?
8:11, Dec 2
Meriel : Just that I'll be entitled to receive the £75 gift voucher under the contract that I signed up foryeserday, please.
8:12, Dec 2
Jingle: Right so you were offered a gift voucher when you joined us. Let’s look into that for you now.
8:13, Dec 2
Meriel : It stated to enter email address, which I did. It didn't say at that point you then needed to click on theemail link to be able to get it.
8:13, Dec 2
Meriel : So I continued signing up, thinking I could click the link afterwards.
8:15, Dec 2

Jingle: Okay thanks. I’m just checking when your services were installed. Your voucher code is normallyemailed to you 28 days after your services have been installed. And as what I can see here you installation isdue by 8th December 2021. And you will receive the devices before that. The good news is it’s still withinour expected timescales. Your voucher code is normally emailed to you 28 days after install. When you getthe code, all you have to do is follow the online instructions to redeem it.
8:16, Dec 2
Meriel : Can I check that it will still definitely be emailed even though I didn't click on the email link to signup for the contract?
8:16, Dec 2
Meriel : I'd like to check that I will receive the £75 voucher so that the monthly bill cost will be £32 not £36
8:19, Dec 2
Jingle: As of right now Meriel, the account is still inactive hence there is still no unique code for the vouchershowing on the system, however I would also suggest to try to click the link sent to you regarding thepromotion as this is being handled by the 3rd party company who handles this promo.
8:20, Dec 2
Meriel : I did try to click the link. It takes me to sign up a new contract.
Meriel : It says:
Meriel : Thank you for submitting your details for the following offer:
£75 Gift Card.
If you haven't done soalready, please complete your order on the Virgin Media website using the below link to ensure you receiveyour reward:
8:21, Dec 2
Meriel : Once you have completed your order, you will receive an email confirmation of your order to theemail address provided. Please ensure you keep this email safe as it’ll contain your unique order reference(beginning with WS followed by 7 digits or beginning with CH followed by 10 digits) which you might beasked to provide in the event of any issues.
You will receive your eGift once you have completed yourbooking and this purchase has been validated by Virgin Media.
Details of how to receive your gift will besent to the email address provided after 120 days from your purchase.
8:21, Dec 2
Meriel : Gift card only eligible on online purchases made via the Giftcloud link provided. Offer not availablefor purchases made via the telephone or web chat. Offer not available through any other website or thirdparty link, and cannot be claimed in conjunction with cashback or any other 3rd party offer.
8:22, Dec 2
Meriel : Release of the gift card is the responsibility of Decision Technologies once authorised by VirginMedia, and cannot be redeemed from the provider directly. If you have any questions regarding the offer,please contact
vouchers@broadbandchoices.co.uk
8:25, Dec 2
Jingle: Great. This is the procedure that you will need to follow. I can provide you the details of the Orderyou made online: CH2003492888.
8:25, Dec 2
Meriel : No, I cant follow the link. It takes me to sign up again.
8:30, Dec 2
Jingle: Please do not worry, the voucher will be released to you 28 days after the installation as the I can seehere on the account notes that you signed up via Compax and they will be the one who will contact youregarding the voucher.
8:32, Dec 2
Meriel : Thanks for the reassurance. However, the email states that "Customers who cancel their order,cancel their contract or do not commence their contract within 60 days of purchase will not be eligible for areward voucher."
8:32, Dec 2
Meriel : So it would seem to be a contradiction for the voucher to be sent after 28 days.
8:33, Dec 2
Jingle: Your installation is due by 8th December 2021 so your still within the timeframe. Don't worry Meriel.
Meriel : 😂

Meriel : I just worry when these things aren't clear!
8:34, Dec 2
Meriel : Do you mind if I take your name please?
8:34, Dec 2
Jingle: My name is Jingle 😀
8:35, Dec 2

Meriel : Ok, Jingle, well, thank you for your reassurnace. I will keep a copy of our conversation in case thevoucher doesn't come through. Thank you.
8:38, Dec 2
Jingle: Great! You're always welcome Meriel! I'm glad that I resolved your query for today. Feel free to sendus a message, if you have further queries. In future you can manage your account and view your bills onlineby registering or signing in to your account at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia.
For additional self-helpsupport please access this link
https://www.virginmedia.com/help
and choose options applicable to yourneeds. Have a nice day and stay safe

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello MER1

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to your order, voucher and the recent conversation with a member of the team. 

I can confirm this has been noted on your account, the order was completed recently so if there are any issues with the voucher after the 28 days please let us know here.

Rob

Dear Rob,

Many thanks for reading my post, and for your reassurance.

With best festive wishes,

Meriel

You're welcome MER1, any problems let us know.

Rob

Dear Virgin team,

I hope all is well with you today.

I first posted concern about getting £75 amazon voucher as part of a new contract with virgin, on this thread, 13/12/21. I had a response that day saying that that there should be no issue with the voucher, and to be in touch after 28 days if it hadn’t arrived.

An email from virgin media 28/11/2021 stated “Details of how to receive your gift will be sent to the email address provided after 120 days from your purchase”.

It’s now been more than the 120 days since I started my contract 8/12/21 and I haven’t received an email from  no-reply@giftcloud.com as expected.

Please could you look into this for me and arrange the voucher to be sent to me?

With thanks,

MER1

Hello MER1.

Sorry to hear this voucher has not been received yet, 

As we use 3rd party companies for gifts, vouchers etc, 

You would need to contact them directly.

In your case I can take a look at this and see what has happened.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L