Menu
SamBloomer
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Major issues!!!

Been with Virgin 6 weeks - no communication AT ALL in this time. No contract or confirmation of services supplied! I can’t set up a Virgin media account online as I have no account number!! No first bill either, just money debited from my bank account!! Major issues with intermittent WiFi yet calling 150 is a constant loop of resetting equipment (which doesn’t work) then back to calling 150 if any issues!!! This is driving me mad!! I need to speak to someone!!! 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Major issues!!!

Hi @SamBloomer,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues with your services at the moment. However, would you mind expanding on the situation at hand a little further so that we can assist you further and get your concerns addressed and resolved as soon as possible.

I assume your services have been installed? Can you confirm when? Can you also confirm what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've performed thus far?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SamBloomer
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We were sent the equipment to instal ourselves as we used to have Virgin so all cables are still there. We have intermittent WiFi and appalling coverage in the house!! The WiFi drops off consistently, I would say hundreds of times a day, we are a family of five and have all noticed no signal for iPhones, PlayStation, laptops and Amazon fire stick. We also have hardly any WiFi in upstairs bedrooms and in the kitchen (hub is in the lounge). We have rung 150 and performed all the requested checks on there, mainly seems to be turning off and on again!! There are no issues in the area and our service was better than this when we were with sky, who we left for poor WiFi!!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

whats the connection like wired?
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your prompt response and for expanding on what's happening, @SamBloomer.

Would you also mind being a bit more specific on what checks you've done so far? This is so that we don't miss anything, but also so we can avoid repeating anything where possible.

Along with this, can you also confirm if your wired connection is also impacted by this issue, or if it only appears to be your wireless/Wi-Fi connection?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SamBloomer
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I don’t really know what you mean by wired connection?? The equipment was sent to us with a generic leaflet on how to set it all up. The cables from outside were already there to connect to the hub. The hub is connected to the TV box via ethernet cable. Perhaps it would be best for you to ring my husband and speak to him. The checks already done are what is on the website under technical issues, I believe the advice was to unplug the cables, turn off the hub, then reattach everything and turn it back on. 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @SamBloomer,

To perform a wired connection, you would need to connect a compatible device to the router directly using an Ethernet cable. We provide an Ethernet cable with the router and would most likely be yellow in colour.

The benefit of testing a wired connection is that it allows us to see exactly what speeds are reaching your router, and in turn the quality of the connection reaching it too. It also allows us to eliminate whether the fault is limited to just your wireless/Wi-Fi connection, or if it's something more.

I can see that you've mentioned the Ethernet cable is currently connected to your TV box. Is it possible for you to connect it to another device instead, such as a laptop or PC, for testing purposes and to see if that's also impacted for the reasons I've outlined above?

If this is a matter that you'd rather discuss further over a phone call, you can reach the team on 150 (free of charge) from a Virgin Media landline, or on 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. You can also find all of our other available contact information here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
SamBloomer
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My son has a gaming pc which is directly connected via an Ethernet cable and he says he’s never noticed a disruption in signal. Does that help?

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @SamBloomer,

Thank you for confirming. If that is the case then it sounds like this is a wireless/Wi-Fi issue and not a problem that affects your wired connection.

If you haven't done so already then please follow these tips to see if the connection can be improved, as sometimes the placement of the router along with other environmental factors can impact the reach and strength of the Wi-Fi signal.

If that doesn't help and you have the Hub 3 (if you're not sure of the model it'll state it on a sticker placed on the router), then I would recommend downloading and using our Connect App. This tests the connection of your router in your home, helping to detect any potential black spots, and suggesting ways to help improve the service.

Please let us know how you get on with this and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
SamBloomer
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’ve followed the link and completed all the checks on there, which is the same as we did previously. Nothing has changed. I cannot use the connect app as I don’t have an account number so I cannot set up my account??

0 Kudos