Menu
scrc1988
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty is dead

Seen online that right now there’s some great looking deals for new customers. For example the Full house sports bundle £65pm 

im paying £40pm just for Vivid 150 so thought I’d contact the upgrades team so what deal they could offer me as I was interested... oh wait they could only offer me a lower package for £87pm

tried customer service (overseas call centre) they could offer me same deal...because I’m a loyal customer and not a new one I have to pay over top for the same deal as a newbie? 

I can cancel my contract anytime I like but all customer services say that is an option to me, and put me through to the cancellation team... on hold for 15 minutes before the call ended and failed. Turns out the cancellation team ain’t open on a Sunday. Disgusting behaviour from the customer service rep and this is how loyal customers get treated? 

Looks like I’m looking for a new provider. Way a go at looking after your loyal customers Virgin 🙋🏻‍♂️

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty is dead

so your definition of loyalty is that you pay less or you leave?
you already had a new customer deal when you joined which then reverted to normal pricing after that period ended.

so where is YOUR loyalty?
scrc1988
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No not at all, I don’t expect to pay any less, but why should I pay £30 more for a lower package than what a new customer gets? Ive been with VM for a long period of time. Another point to add, the £65 pm package reverted to £77 pm after the initial 12 month contract... Yet I was quoted to pay closer to £90 for a lower package. That seems fair and reasonable to you?? I was just expecting to get the same deal! As if I cancel I can get the same deal as a new customer. So your comment has no point to it.

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

so you want the same deal as a new customer even though you are not a new customer.
and if you cancel you won't get that deal as you will not be a "new" customer you'll be a returning customer. you'd need to leave and stay away for a period of time before you qualified to be deemed a "new" customer.

all service providers work on a "new customer discount" system... and the crucial word there is DISCOUNT. ie you get a loss leader deal to join on the basis that you'll end up paying the real price later on.

you are now paying the "real" price as far as virgin are concerned. whatever a new customer is getting it irrelevant to you.]

if you don't like the price you are paying then leave and go somewhere where you'll get a "new customer discount". you won't getting 150Mbps internet though anywhere else.
0 Kudos
scrc1988
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Maybe you didn’t read the part where as you state the real price of that deal is £77pm  correct the price after 12 months so no longer a discount price. 

I wasn’t even quoted close to that. I was quoted £87 for a lower package. And I had my call transferred over to the cancellation team and was put on hold for 15 minutes to a department that don’t open on a Sunday, guess you think that’s fair too right? You’d expect that the customer services know that the department wasn’t open?

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

CS is based in India (or wherever), retentions is in the UK.
you should probably just leave and get a cheaper deal elsewhere.
0 Kudos
scrc1988
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I gathered they are based in India but working as part of VM they should know when and when not the departments are open. And I am leaving. Looking at deals now. If I was offended close to the real package price I would of upgraded.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi scrc1988,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the deal you're currently on, and the deals that you have been offered since.

As with all providers we do offer introductory offers to new customers, at the start of all of our customer’s time with us they will have benefited from such a deal. Once this expires we'll always do all we can to offer the best existing customer deal available.

I'm sorry that in this case we haven't been able to find you something more suitable.

Thanks,

Melissa_F

0 Kudos