Menu
Jomodu
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty customer discount no longer available?

I spoke to Retentions last evening to “ negotiate “ my current monthly payment as I reckon I am paying over the odds for my package, judging by what some people are currently paying. I was told that loyalty customer discounts were no longer available and you pay the full price regardless!!!!!!

is that anyone else’s recent experience?

I have been a customer for 20 years now with a full tv/broadband/phone package. In all that time, the only offer I have ever got/received was 18 months ago - a £5 loyalty bonus for 18 months if I signed a contract for 12 months. I did. 

This has now lapsed and I am not on a contract. So, I now pay £84.50 for Full House TV, 100 mb broadband, Phone anytime, Tivo V6 box (replaced broken tivo box) plus one additional Tivo 500 box and hub 3. No HD or premium channels. Five months ago, I was paying £75.50 for the identical package

The Retentions lady was fine, very sympathetic, but said there was no possibility of negotiating despite my offering to go on contract. Also, loyalty bonuses were no longer available. The only way to reduce my payment was to downgrade packages eg Mix Tv, lower broadand or phone.

Total impasse...not interested whether I stayed or left. I would have been relatively happy to sign a contract and pay £75-77 a month but not a chance.

I have never had any bother with VM at all. Indeed, I have posted in the past on this forum how pleased I have been with the 3 only times I have needed a visit/broken equipment.

So....is my only option to leave?  I accept paying more than a new customer. I accept having no right to demand a discount or expect favourable terms. But, what gets me is why some customers can pay less and some more for the same package. I am still a loyal customer now after 20 years as I was 2 years ago? 

Is it really true that fee negotiation and loyalty discount has been stopped? Is it really a case on ringing retentions endlessly to get a more sympathetic customer advisor? I choose to stick with VM as I cannot have a satellite  dish despite a comparable Sky package being £18 cheaper even after new customer service discount.

What a hassle. At least you know how to play the game with insurance companies but this is just plain stupid if you now have to change companies every year or so involving changing all the equipment, engineer visits etc etc. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty customer discount no longer available?

Retentions dont believe that your willing to leave, until you convince them otherwise you wont get a good deal

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jomodu, 

We'll always do our best to offer you the best possible deal when your contract ends. 

All deals are given out based on your specific account, so it might be different to what a friend or neighbor may have. 

I can only apologise if you've been unhappy with what's been offered and our deals are always changing so there's no harm in giving us another call on 150/0345 454 1111 to see if there is a better deal around now. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Jomodu
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Emma_C...... Many thanks for advice ....much appreciated....all cool. 

It seems it all depends on who you are lucky enough to talk too. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jomodu

No worries, we will let Emma know 

Kind Regards 

Chris 

0 Kudos
ModBird
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The very same thing has happened with me.  I have had a terrible time with the call centre and online chat.  I have a large package and have been a customer for 21 years, but want to amend my services and reduce my bill.  3 nights in a row I have tried to speak to someone about this.  On Chat and Phone whoever I get is pushy and want me to upgrade more, will not accept that I want to down grade and eventually cuts me off.  

Wednesday I was told the number I came through to only dealt with upgrades - goodbye

Thursday I was cut off again after being offered a pile of stuff I have no reason to need

Tonight was worst off all.  The assistant was extremely rude.  Told me there was only offers for new customers and I've had Loyalty offers every year and would get no more???  He also became very argumentative when I said my Tivo box will not show BBC I player or Netflix. 

I even went on to twitter and was told they would help but don't have chat just now can I come back next week??

I certainly did not go on the phone to have any argument, I wasn't even honing to complain.  The customer service from virgin is truly appalling.  I really does appear that if you are not upgrading they don't want to know.

@Jomodu wrote:

I spoke to Retentions last evening to “ negotiate “ my current monthly payment as I reckon I am paying over the odds for my package, judging by what some people are currently paying. I was told that loyalty customer discounts were no longer available and you pay the full price regardless!!!!!!

is that anyone else’s recent experience?

I have been a customer for 20 years now with a full tv/broadband/phone package. In all that time, the only offer I have ever got/received was 18 months ago - a £5 loyalty bonus for 18 months if I signed a contract for 12 months. I did. 

This has now lapsed and I am not on a contract. So, I now pay £84.50 for Full House TV, 100 mb broadband, Phone anytime, Tivo V6 box (replaced broken tivo box) plus one additional Tivo 500 box and hub 3. No HD or premium channels. Five months ago, I was paying £75.50 for the identical package

The Retentions lady was fine, very sympathetic, but said there was no possibility of negotiating despite my offering to go on contract. Also, loyalty bonuses were no longer available. The only way to reduce my payment was to downgrade packages eg Mix Tv, lower broadand or phone.

Total impasse...not interested whether I stayed or left. I would have been relatively happy to sign a contract and pay £75-77 a month but not a chance.

I have never had any bother with VM at all. Indeed, I have posted in the past on this forum how pleased I have been with the 3 only times I have needed a visit/broken equipment.

So....is my only option to leave?  I accept paying more than a new customer. I accept having no right to demand a discount or expect favourable terms. But, what gets me is why some customers can pay less and some more for the same package. I am still a loyal customer now after 20 years as I was 2 years ago? 

Is it really true that fee negotiation and loyalty discount has been stopped? Is it really a case on ringing retentions endlessly to get a more sympathetic customer advisor? I choose to stick with VM as I cannot have a satellite  dish despite a comparable Sky package being £18 cheaper even after new customer service discount.

What a hassle. At least you know how to play the game with insurance companies but this is just plain stupid if you now have to change companies every year or so involving changing all the equipment, engineer visits etc etc. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ModBird

There are loyalty offers but they are package specific. The bigger the package the more likely you may be eligible for one. Some packages do not have an offer available on rare occasions but that is not the norm.

Loyalty offers are only offered via Retentions if you are thinking of leaving. 

If you are looking into this especially given the TiVo issues give them a shout on 150 or 0345 454 1111. Its option 4 then 5. They are not available online to chat to.

They could look at rebuilding your bundle to include the V6 too. Get them to health check your services whole you're on the phone in case you're affected by signal issues which may explain the Netflix issues.

Good luck.

Kaz 

This is my personal account. I do work for Virgin Media, but my views on this forum are my own.
Just here to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos