cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lousy customer service online

Quinny1
Tuning in

So. My account is due to end on the 10th August for tv and broadband with the 600meg package, which is around £83pm, and includes a free sim card. I am now at the end of year 3 with Virgin, and have decided to go streaming instead, and the best they can offer, is 500meg, at £45pm, (New customers £36) plus £10 for my sim card. I am not bothered about the sim card, as I can get a better deal elsewhere.

Today, I have passed all of the questions online with the bot, and when an agent then got involved, I couldn't remember the 3 characters for the password, despite me having a phone conversation this week, and explaining that the account was set up 3 years ago, and like everyone else, I have a myriad of passwords and can't remember them all. The online agent terminated the conversation. Clearly customer service is not at the forefront of Virgin Media.

Looks like someone else will be getting my business then.

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Quinny1, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you wish to leave us based on your recent experience with us. 

When speaking to the team, we are obligated to confirm that we are speaking to the account holder or an authorised third party by completing the security steps. If we are unable to do this, we would not be able to access the account and would only be able to offer general assistance. 

Did the team offer you a password reminder letter?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat.

Thank you for coming back to me.

I had a telephone conversation earlier in the week, and was not able to give them the password, however, other questions allowed access to my account. I passed all of the bot questions yesterday, but the online agent was having none of it but after the live chat was terminated by the same rude online agent, I rang back and spoke to a live agent, who again accepted the fact I couldn't give my password, and proceeded to have a conversation with me. The sad thing is, he could only offer me what I wanted for £9 more than what I was offered earlier in the week. How very odd!!!!

It seems that Virgin are not interested in customer retention as the figures seem to vary wildly. 3 years of loyalty count for nothing then.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Quinny1, 

Thank you for getting back to us on the thread, 

I am sorry for your experience when calling, we would expect this to be consistent so we will ensure this is fed back to the business for review. 

We apologise if the team have not been able to offer you a better deal at this time but this does not mean a new deal will not become available in the future so we would recommend checking in with the team to review your options from time to time. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat.

By the time your new deals will kick in, I will be with another provider, and that is a shame, as my experience up until this point with Virgin, has been a positive one. Shame the feeling doesn't cut both ways.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Quinny1, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

This is disappointing to hear but we understand and respect your decision. 

I do hope we can make amends and reconnect in the future.

Take care, 

Nat