cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in shows old account instead of new account

Noone
Tuning in

Hello,

A few months ago I had cancelled my account due to relocating and after relocating, I signed back up to virgin media. Everything is installed and working fine.

However when I log into my account, I'm taken to my old deactivated account and not my new currently running account. Is there anyway to have this rectified?

Kind regards.

12 REPLIES 12

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Noone,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your online account. 

It sounds as though you may have used the same email address for the old account as the new account. 

Can you confirm if you have been on our website and registered the new account?

^Martin

Hey Martin,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I did use the same e-mail address as the old account as the new account as that’s the e-mail address that I use. When I signed up for the services again, I logged into my account through my e-mail address and did so using it.

When I log into with my e-mail address there’s no option to register a new account or view other accounts?

Unless you mean sign up completely again? If that’s the case, I did try but it says ‘Account already set up’ and when I sign in, it takes me back to my old account. There was an option that says ‘Trying to register for a different account’. I did that also, provided my surname, new account number and area reference then click ‘Continue’ and it takes me back to the whole ‘Account already set up’ and once I sign in, it’s my old account again.

Kind regards.

Thanks for coming back to us with your update @Noone.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @Noone, I have now processed the move and transfer from your old account to your new account.  

Please can you try to login to your account after an hour and let me know if you're still having the same issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hey Steven,

Sorry for the late reply. I checked my account today and seen that it's now using my new account. Thank you very much for all your help, I really appreciate it!

Many thanks,

Tom

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Noone,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing online account issue! We're glad to hear that you're able to access your online account now.

If you need any further assistance going forward, please let us know. We're here to assist. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thom27
Joining in

Hi there,

I am having the same issue.

Please could you help?

Thanks

Hi thom27,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're unable to access your online account as your email address is still linked to your old account.

We can try and get your details transferred across to your new account for you. So we can attempt this, I will pop you over a private message to take some details. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi @thom27,

Thank you for getting back to us via private message so that we could investigate further. As discussed there, if you need further assistance on this matter then you can reach out to the team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!