cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning strike surge

johnnybmixing
Joining in

Hi there.

On Monday 5th September 2022 there was a lightning strike in our street, which unfortunately travelled through the fibre cable and blew up our Virgin V6 box and Virgin Hub 3.0 router. Everything linked to these devices were also damaged - our LED TV, Xbox and Nintendo Switch.

A Virgin engineer came out to us on Friday 9th September and replaced the V6 box and Virgin Hub Router. Some cable engineers also had to come out on the same day and replace the fibre cable between our house and the interchange because the lightning had completely fried it.

Because the lightning travelled through the fibre cable and damaged not only Virgin's equipment, but also personal electrical items, we would like a letter from Virgin to provide proof and the reason for the repairs, so we can include the evidence for our Home Insurance claim.

Unfortunately I'm having difficulty finding anyone at Virgin who can help with this request, hence I'm now asking the question here.

Cheers 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @johnnybmixing

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post here, I hope you're having a great day.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and to confirm a few details, I will need to pass this over to the area field manager for further investigation.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs