cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lied to & no progress with Broadband/TV/Phone complaint

diver999
Joining in

So to keep things short, I took out my contract back in April with install in May: Broadband, TV & Phone. The phone option I chose included calls at weekends but not during the week. During the call to take out the contract, I asked if I could upgrade to all phone calls included if after my first month, the weekday call costs exceeded the cost of including them in the package.The answer was yes. So after amonth, I called customer service to upgrade.

This is where the fraud started. I was assured that all my calls would be included. I also stated on several occasions that  I did not want to upgrade my TV package. I have audio files of my call to prove this.

I then discovered that my TV package had been upgraded & the Phone package had not.

Lots of calls later & no further progress. The last I have is a call back in October & a complaint reference number. Nothing heard back on this despite being assured that I would be contacted within 7 days.

What now? Can anything be done through this forum, call again & be fobbed off again or should I just take it to CISAS?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@diver999 wrote:

So to keep things short, I took out my contract back in April with install in May: Broadband, TV & Phone. The phone option I chose included calls at weekends but not during the week. During the call to take out the contract, I asked if I could upgrade to all phone calls included if after my first month, the weekday call costs exceeded the cost of including them in the package.The answer was yes. So after amonth, I called customer service to upgrade.

<snip>

What now? Can anything be done through this forum, call again & be fobbed off again or should I just take it to CISAS?

Adjudication of complaints is now dealt with by Ombudsman Service as of 1 January 2023.

If you complained in October, and your complaint was unresolved by VM, then you can start the process immediately as 8 weeks have already elapsed.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @diver999

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your package, I would be happy to take a look into this with you via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.