Menu
sgh279
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lied to about new contract

Pretty disgusted with VM right now, phoned them a couple of days ago to remove Sky Sports from my package and was told that they could do it there and then. I explicitly asked if this meant a new contract and was told no, no new contract. Today I receive an email version of a new contract attempting to tie me in for another 12 months......

0 Kudos
Tudor
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lied to about new contract

You need to record all conversations when talking about changes to your services. It saves a lot of hassle in the long run to have proof of what was agreed.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
sgh279
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Would someone from admin like to advise please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s going to take roughly a week, and likely they will tell you that you need to call in anyway.

@Tudor is right though, these days it’s best recording conversations (and advising the agent you are doing so, else you can’t use it as proof) for any contracts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sgh279,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you have been subscribed into a new 12 month contract unknowingly.

I would like to look into this further, but I'll need to take more details first. I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos