cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leveling virgin media

Lindaimw
Joining in

How do you close an account?  Tried phone calls thay want a pass code, never had one thay promised to post one not recived it. Sent theee letters to there address one returnd. My father passed on and I'm trying to close the account,  bill still going up month 3 now. On line no help, going around in circles. PLEASE HELP ME.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for your loss. The number to call for this type of case is 0800 952 2302 (8am - 8pm)

They should help you tie up things at your end

There is a document you can download and complete too if thats easier

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiqweW4kZ75AhUShlwKHdyiBPEQFnoECBUQAQ&url=h...

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lindaimw 

So sorry to read of your fathers passing. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

@Anonymous  has given the correct phone number, however the link to the bereavement form is out of date as that form contains an incorrect postal address.

The correct link is https://www.virginmedia.com//Bereavement-Disconnect-Form_V2.docx 

The email address in the original link is correct, but should you want to write in then the address is Virgin Media, Sunderland,SR43 4AA

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Lindaimw

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and I am so sorry that the process of cancelling the account has been difficult for you. This isn't at all what we would want for you as a customer, especially during a difficult time. 

I can see that both @newapollo and @Anonymous have already provided the number for our special bereavement team who should be able to help further with this. 

Have you been able to reach out to the team at all? 

Thank you again.

Got through to the barivment team all sorted, credit for the outstanding hyped up costs, £40 odd to clear the outstanding bill. All sorted, I thought wrong. Detcollectors letter for outstanding costs £ 133. Back in touch with virgin more hassle. I an now putting  all thes fiasco down in writing for Offcom. What an **bleep** of a company to deal with.

Hi there @Lindaimw

Thank you so much for your update and I am so sorry to hear that this has been happening with the account, I am so sorry for any stress this situation has caused during an already difficult time. 

I am going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this and see what we can arrange. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thanks again.