Menu
pha_zer
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Letters and emails say I can get fibre, website says no.

My street had fibre installed in August/September 2017. There's a connection point outside my front door. Virgin has been emailing me joining offers since September, and I've got at least three letters so far proclaiming that my road is Virgin Media Ready.

However, the website says I can't get any services. When I tried to call the sales team, they also say no, but can't offer any more information on when it might be ready. What's more, ALL other addresses I've checked in my neighbourhood say they are ready, apart from my cul-de-sac of a few houses.

Is it possible Virgin somehow just forgot to check a box saying my address is ready? Who do I talk to to find out? The sales team seem utterly useless.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Letters and emails say I can get fibre, website says no.

Hi pha_zer

I appreciate you getting in touch.

I'd like to have a look at this to see if I can help narrow down a way to get you connected if this is possible.

For me to do so please pop me a PM with:

• Your name
  • The full address

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi pha_zer,

Thanks for coming back to Karen with your information. 

As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. There are some areas where some streets have been cabled but it's not available to streets or closes next to it so your issue isn't as uncommon as you'd think. 

It's not a mistake, checking on this. We already have a full 2018 roll out planned as well as most of 2019 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now so it's highly unlikely we'll be able to install you any time soon. 

As soon as there are plans to install your street we shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pha_zer
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I still don't think you are understanding me. You are saying it's possible my neighbourhood has been cabled but not my house.

But my house IS cabled. The cable HAS been fitted to my front door, with a junction box in front of every house. YOU are sending me letters saying my house is ready for Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi pha_zer

I appreciate your Pm to me

My apologies I was not here to pick this up, I had some hols booked for the school hols in Wales Smiley Happy

I've popped your Pm details overt o our Nex teams. Given what you've said in your PM it may be just that the system needs to add the addresses. I've asked them to check if the network has been completed to those homes as junction boxes externally do not guarantee this.

I'll let you know what they say as soon as I know more,

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi pha_zer

Thanks for allowing me the time to look into this.

The teams are saying this address should show on the system so we've passed it back to the house files teams now for them to get this updated.

They usually work requests if there are no other hiccups within 10 days.

I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

0 Kudos
pha_zer
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for looking into this, Karen_A. I look forward to ditching my current ISP soon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No worries pha_zer Smiley Wink

The housefiles teams have already forwarded this to our Lightning release Housefiles teams so they're on the case already which is great Smiley Happy

Take care and speak soon!

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just so you know I sent a chaser today for you. I'm not in now till next week after today so hopefully I'll have some more news for you then.

Cheers

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi pha_zer

I've sent another chaser to the New Releases team to check into this again as I cannot see this updated on the system still.

My apologies this is taking so long.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

0 Kudos