cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving

jon2jon
Joining in

I have had real difficulty in trying to reduce my costs to a manageable level and so I needed to remove TV from my package. Trying to do this over the phone, when you can get through, when speaking to someone who has an accent that is very difficult to understand is very difficult. My first contact tried to help by quoting a higher price than I was already paying after he had removed the TV. How clever was that. I then tried online and I could update my package but not remove the TV.

Chat was not real and over a 35 minute wait, so I tried phone again again difficult to understand and no real help.

I then received notification about the price increase so I decided to leave.

I researched, chose a new provider and booked a new package.

I then have to tell Virgin media that I am leaving. 4 days to get through, then I am bombarded with offers to stay non off which are as competitive as the new package I have just booked and to be honest I am so frustrated by now that I have made my mind up.

I have to get very firm with the poor operative and state that I am definitely leaving and hope that the call was recorded so that it is on file as I have no proof that I have given notice.

I am then bombarded with emails which have new contracts and offers. You cannot reply to the emails which is wrong.

The only way to contact Virgin media seems to be by phone but the problems getting through and speaking to someone who speaks clear English makes this option a wate of time.

If anyone has advice on the best way to proceed I would be very grateful

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you value your sanity and your time post your cancellation by recorded delivery specifying disconnection date as set out at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Bar follow up retention calls via https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/preferences 

Thanks, a sound idea but it should not be that difficult.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to Virgin Media. 

Good Afternoon @jon2jon, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the frustration caused when requesting to leave Virgin Media.

I'd be happy to look into this with you to ensure that the cancellation has been placed.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @jon2jon, and I'm glad we were able to have this sorted for you.

Do feel free to report back to us if any issues arise and we'll be on hand to assist further.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn