cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving

gbman
On our wavelength

Just phoned leaving(not english site), to get new price as cost of living and i retire soon i need cut costs, paying now £87   new offer price £87,new customers get cinema,sport,netflix for that i have less and dont need those, its  rediculous been customer over18 to 20 years, no problems usually with virgin but now il start looking elsewhere . Shame .

Think this is in wrong place, i appologise

Gbman

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@gbman wrote:

Just phoned leaving(not english site), to get new price as cost of living and i retire soon i need cut costs, paying now £87   new offer price £87,new customers get cinema,sport,netflix for that i have less and dont need those, its  rediculous been customer over18 to 20 years, no problems usually with virgin but now il start looking elsewhere . Shame .

Think this is in wrong place, i appologise

Gbman

May be time to review what services you need/want in the future while you deal with the renewal process?

Usual advice on here is to do your research on other providers before speaking to VM retentions. That way you know how any VM offer stacks up with the alternatives.

Also worth checking out this topic on VM's possible price rises (now and in the future)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Virgin-Media-price-increase-2023-what-can-cust...

VM is most likely to offer you a fixed discount if you renew (not a fixed price) for 18 months so factor all of that into your cost calculations for the next 18 months.

Other suppliers have a similar cost increase built in every year, so check that out if you are looking elsewhere.

Try the advice from Andrew-G posted at message #5 below on the murky business of trying to renew/renegotiate with VM

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Why-oh-why-does-loyalty-get-punishe...

gbman
On our wavelength

Thanks for reply, i am looking at alternatives ,shame have to leave , as i am retiring need to cut some costs down now so wont take long to find alternatives.

Thanks.