cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving issues

wwensley
Tuning in

So, when the price hike email arrived, I signed up with Sky. I haven't been in contract with Virgin for years now. So it is a rolling month by month. I phoned and was told that there are 30 days notice period. No Problem. I was told I would get a final bill. No Problem.

So where does the problem come in? Well, instead of sending me a final bill, Virgin Media has decided to start a new contract. Which I do NOT want, I have NOT agreed to and do NOT want to pay.

I never received any final bill, just a bill for the new contract that I haven't agreed to. 

Since Sky is now installed, the VirginMedia equipment has been boxed ready to be shipped back. My landline has already moved to Sky.

Why am I having so much difficulty getting a final bill from Virgin Media? Has anyone else had these issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@wwensley wrote:

So, when the price hike email arrived, I signed up with Sky. I haven't been in contract with Virgin for years now. So it is a rolling month by month. I phoned and was told that there are 30 days notice period. No Problem. I was told I would get a final bill. No Problem.

So where does the problem come in? Well, instead of sending me a final bill, Virgin Media has decided to start a new contract. Which I do NOT want, I have NOT agreed to and do NOT want to pay.

I never received any final bill, just a bill for the new contract that I haven't agreed to. 

Since Sky is now installed, the VirginMedia equipment has been boxed ready to be shipped back. My landline has already moved to Sky.

Why am I having so much difficulty getting a final bill from Virgin Media? Has anyone else had these issues?

Cancellation instructions being turned into renewals are mentioned on here with unwelcome regularity.

The VM forum team may offer to look at your account when they reply here within a few days or they may simply refer you back to the phone lines.

You can complete a DSAR

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

and request the call recording if VM claims there is any 'confusion' about what you asked to happen.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@wwensley wrote:

Cancellation instructions being turned into renewals are mentioned on here with unwelcome regularity.

The VM forum team may offer to look at your account when they reply here within a few days or they may simply refer you back to the phone lines.

You can complete a DSAR

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

and request the call recording if VM claims there is any 'confusion' about what you asked to happen.

Thank you. I didn't even know that that existed.

Hi wwensley

We're sorry to hear of the confusion around cancelling your services, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

The final bill wouldn't be sent until the disconnection had been processed, as the bills are automated they would continue to be produced up until the disconnection date. When did you speak to the team to request the cancellation?

Rob

The cancelation was initiated at the end of January. Which is more than 30 days ago.
Virgin Media kindly created a new contract which starts on 8th March without my approval or consent. 
Virgin Media are billing me on this new contract. Not my previous contract.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details to look into this further wwensley. Keep an eye out in the top right of the forum when signed in for the purple envelope.

Rob

Well, looks like my leaving Virgin Media has been successful. Thank you to everyone for your help. And a special thanks to Rob from the Forum Team. for getting to the bottom of it. If it wasn't for Rob, I probably would still be stuck in the bottomless pit of frustration. Posting in this forum was a last resort and ended up being my best idea yet.

Hi @wwensley 

Thanks for your response

It's a real shame to see you go, I'm glad to hear my colleague has managed to resolve your issue for you. Best of luck in the future

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs