Menu
MK2018
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Leaving and Rejoining

Hi guys,

I am new to this cancelling business. Just need advice. My contract has come to an end with Virgin and the account will close in few days. Just like many others, the reason being not offered a reasonable price and a very big jump in price. It genuinely is out of my budget and therefore had to decline.

A friend advised that one can cancel and another person living art the same address can sign for a new contract as a new customer.

This would mean that I'll have to live without broadband for few days (or weeks) until installation date. I can live with that.

I am told by my friend as the address would have had recent virgin broadband, the installation should be straight forward i.e. no engineer visit would be needed. Therefore quick turn around.

I can't imagine that something like has not been tried before and it sounds really obvious that most people would think of that and browsing this forum only confirmed this.

I can go to Sky or BT if the above is not true. Just wanted to have all the information before I sign up for another contract.

Has anyone  successfully tried this?

How true is the installation turn around time?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving and Rejoining

Lets say you leave on the 1st of the month, your housemate etc can have their services started on the 2nd. They would need new equipment, and have to pay the set up fee etc. Quick start can be with your within a few days of placing the order.

Its easier doing this online - booking your order that is.

Number ports can create issues as it makes what your doing obvious.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you can do this technically.

You will lose your email addresses, Any recordings and planned recordings.
You'll have to return your hardware (Router and TV boxes)

The Other person would need to go though the normal credit checks but i don't think thjey canb sign up while your services are active. So you need to cancel before they can even sign up. Then it could take a week or more to get everything set back up

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
MK2018
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for quick reply. I don’t need to keep the landline number as we never use it. I’m ok with a brand new landline number. 

0 Kudos
MK2018
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.
I don’t need to keep any recordings or emails. I’m happy to return the equipment and wait for the new one to arrive. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
wez
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can get the new order placed whilst services are active as long as the first account has a disconnection date already set.

0 Kudos
MK2018
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I’ll wait for it to end just to be on safe side. 

0 Kudos