cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving after years of service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the worst 6/7 months of service from VM and visits from a hopeless engineer with an attitude problem.  Broadband then TV,  managed to resolve BB but not TV.

At first I cancelled TV and paid the £80 fee in advance by card but TV wasn't cancelled after the 30 days and I ended up in credit.  When I got no where on the phone the guy told me I had £80 credit and I should be grateful! Did I expect Virgin to charge me nothing.

I tried explaining that was my own money for the TV cancellation and got no where.

Fortunately I called back and got a nicer lady who arranged my whole cancellation paying a £240 exit fee.

Summary:  Engineer said replacing kit is expensive for the company.

I should put up with issues for a "few weeks" and see.

I didn't ask for new kit I asked for issues to be fixed.

So I cancelled the TV.

TV cancellation failed to go through.

The rep on the phone was incredibly rude.

Called back and....

cancelled the entire thing and am being charged £240 exit.

Failing to fix my TV issues after a horrible upgrade to the 360 service resulted in my leaving and taking my £100+ per month with me.  Moving to BT on 900meg, wifi in every room. (I kept being promised extender things by VM and never got them) BT TV, free calls on landline and mobile SIM.

I wish you all the best of luck and if VM improve any over the next few years I might be persuaded to switch back.  I'm actually dissappointed to be leaving.  In my entire time of adulthood (18 years) I have only ever used VM.  Lets hope equipment collection and exit bills are correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It's disappointing that was your experience J, and we'll ensure feedback is passed on where required for you.

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Richw1982
Rising star

What was the issue with the TV?

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Anonymous.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you have not had the best experience with us, this is not what we want our customers to feel like.

The early termination fees would of been explained in your T&Cs your can check this here.

I have been able to locate your account using your forums details, I can see the disconnection is in place for you. Have you ever been offered to raise a complaint regarding the issues mentioned? 

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

TV issues was a trio of reboots, sound and image.

I made my views clear the whole way along and that I was simply dissappointed.

A complaint was raised and closed - I'm not sure what happened with it, email said an apology was issued.

I'm due aerial install in 2 days from BT and set up 7 days later so this was more of a good bye post.

I don't need further action but grateful you confirmed disconnection is proceeding.

edit: I've happily accepted the £240 charge to get out of my contract as I voluntarily recontracted in Nov/Dec when I took an upgrade.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Anonymous.

Thank you coming back to me on this.

I am sorry for everything that has happened, I am glad you are happy with the new provider that you have chosen.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday evening.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was silly to agree to keep broadband on a low package after my disconnection takes place at the end of the month.

(Since upgraded phones to unlimited data so can tether to them in case of no service with new provider)

I was told I had 14 days to change my mind.

I have called changing my mind.

Being told I will be charged £240 plus the £80 already applied.

Making my disconnection a total of £320.

After three calls I have had my disconnection corrected but I am now a customer until the 11th of August instead of the 29th July.

So my total exit is being billed at the agreed £240 plus service charges.

Even leaving is stressful.  You guys are making it a total absolute I will never rejoin VM.

17 Years of service (one house move and rejoined within weeks)  I reckon I have spent at least £25k with your company not including upgrades,installs and activation fees over the years. (Bills 100 to 150)

There are a few good very helpful folks in VM but the majority seem to work to their own agenda at the detriment of the company's reputation.

Wishing all the good guys out there all the best!!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry for any issues you've had getting your disconnection sorted leaverbeaver, but glad that corrections have since been made.

If you move to an area that isn't serviced it would be a break in contract (if you're in one) and the disconnection fees apply. You can read more on this here virg.in/legals

If you remain unhappy please refer to this process: virg.in/comcop for guidance around escalating your concerns.

If there's anything we can help with from here please let us know.

Tom 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply.

Just wanting to share my experience so VM learn that someone leaving is still a potential customer in the future.

The initial & main reason for leaving is the downright awful 'engineer' named Ryan that VM sent to my house several times.

Cheers.

J

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It's disappointing that was your experience J, and we'll ensure feedback is passed on where required for you.

Tom 

Can you Let us know how you get on with BT.?....they are on my shirt list  when my contract with VM is up!