cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving after 20 years and 7 months.

GMAN73
Fibre optic

Well after being with NTL/Virgin Media since May 2002 I have finally decided to leave VM.  Paying £64 per month for 500 Mbps broadband was way too high.  I have just had Cityfibre install done and currently now with Vodafone.  Getting 940 down / 937 up.  What amazing speeds.  

Since May this year reguarly in the evening my broadband would become basically useless for streaming, general surfing would be okay, but anything streaming from Youtube etc would not play at all.  When this happens I would always check my BQM the next day to find high yellow spikes with red at the top.  This has been happening a lot over the last 7 months (went back through a load of previous graphs since May).  

Basically VM is not fit for purpose anymore whether it be streaming, gaming etc.  They are also going to lose their monolopy soon because more cities are being upgraded by Cityfibre.

Currently paying Vodafone £30 per month for Full Fibre 900. 

Just had a look at my BQM and this is what it looks like after 2pm.

Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

This was my BB on Wednesday evening (12am - 4pm and 11pm onwards router was off)

Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

My BQM for Vodafone Full Fibre has a perfect flat green bar with practically no yellow/blue spikes

VM big wigs really need to look at their network and do something to improve it.

Bye VM

1 REPLY 1

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GMAN73,

Thank you for your post. 

We're sorry to hear you're leaving us. 

If you would like us to look into this further we can investigate this and see if there is anything we can do to help. 

If not, then we do wish you all the best with your new provider.

^Martin