cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Virgin

Herbie026
Tuning in

I phoned Saturday and spoke to a ‘Customer Services’ rep about cancelling all my services. He said he had done it and it would be done within 30 days and I would get an email confirming this ‘shortly’. 

I haven’t received an email yet and wondered how long I should leave it before sitting in the wonderful queues to speak to someone about it again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Herbie026

Thanks for joining me on PM. 

Just to confirm this was all sorted and the cancellation date confirmed.

All the best for the future.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Herbie026 

I'm afraid VM don't actually send out emails to confirm the account is being cancelled. 

You will receive correspondence and a final bill once the account has been fully closed and deactivated.

A member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you in a day or two, take you into PM to complete verification, and then check the account to confirm it's all going ahead as agreed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for responding. 

Fingers crossed the forum team come back to me soon. 

I was dubious about the customer services rep I spoke to as he didn’t seem to know what he was doing so am hoping he has actioned the cancellation. 

many thanks again

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Herbie026,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you've decided to cancel your services with us. If there's anything we can do to help and change your mind then let us know - we'll do what we can for you.

As for confirmation, I'm afraid that we typically don't provide customers with an email to confirm that a cancellation is going ahead. Sorry. Is there any particular information that you're looking for? We may be able to assist you from here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you for coming back to me. 

No I’m afraid there is nothing that can be done to convince me to stay. I would like a confirmation of the date all the services will cease please. 

Many thanks

We that's not very helpful to the guy. Virginmedia have been know to tell the odd porky and if you are starting a new contract with another company you don't need the uncertainty hanging over you. Just realised they have already told him a lie by telling him they would send an email.

Thanks for coming back to us Herbie026

I shall send a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Spoke to Andrea on Disconnections who said an email would be sent to me confirming the date. That was last Friday. BT notified VM to port my phone number and so the phone service will be cancelled. Virgin have automatic email notification for the phone move I have received downgraded service change receipt email for that. However, no email received for the broadband or TV service cancellation. Did get confirmation by a Forum Team Member in a private mail with the disconnection date I'd agreed. Hope I can rely on that.

Honestly don't know what to think. Perhaps 1000s of cancellations go through smoothly for all I know and a mere few go wrong. The use of the Nottingham address for written cancellations which appears to have closed months ago has certainly spooked me. If things do go wrong I know I'll need evidence so I'm logging all conversations by phone and on here.

I'm also asking questions about the billing and payments process following cancellation. Where possible, I'm checking replies from Forum Team members back to a written online source. I fear I'm becoming paranoid!

I can appreciate the feelings of paranoia. There has been a whole stream of events that have led up to me leaving VM, none of which fill me with confidence. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this goes smoothly for both of us. 

it’s interesting you were told you would receive an email too by the disconnections team. If there isn’t such an email sent then they need to liaise with there disconnections team to inform them of this, although I thought it would be good business to send a confirmation email as standard. 

I await with baited breath. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Herbie026

Thanks for joining me on PM. 

Just to confirm this was all sorted and the cancellation date confirmed.

All the best for the future.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team