cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Virgin Media

Tabby1945
Joining in

My Son died on the 28th of March I told Virgin Media I would have to leave soon as my Son used to help with the bill. I applied for a 0ne bedroom bungalow and luckily I was accepted, I had to keep the Virgin Media to arrange the funeral and contact family and friends. I left the address and Virgin Media on the 1st of March 2021. Told Virgin Media by phone and email. they still sent a bill. Complained by message to Virgin Media and was told I cant cancel online only by phone call, tried many times to phone and just end up listening to awful music then get cut off. Three months later the are still adding to and sending a bill. Finally got through today but the help person needed a security password. I am 76 and set up the password about five or six years ago. No way would I still be able to remember it. He the asked three security questions I failed the last one as I was looking at the last bill, I had scrolled down to my account number and looked up a the total from the last bill. The lates total was at the top of the email. I told him to do it again he said no you failed security and he cant do it again. I got very angry at this stage. But in the end apologised. Not his fault personally. The system is at fault. I have also left Virgin Mobile I would never go back to Virgin Media. I was a good customer for five or six years. A good product ruined by very poor customer support. Meanwhile they will keep sending bills that I will not pay. I am not paying for something I have not been using for three months. This should be referred to Ofgem or the Ombudsman or whoever keeps these companys inline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Tabby1945,

Very sorry to hear this has occurred. Given the extenuating circumstances and the nature of your complaint I have sent you a private message to confirm your account details. Just fill it out as best you can.

Cheers,

Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Tabby1945,

Very sorry to hear this has occurred. Given the extenuating circumstances and the nature of your complaint I have sent you a private message to confirm your account details. Just fill it out as best you can.

Cheers,

Corey C

Thank you Corey_C

Thanks I believe thanks to your efforts my Virgin Media bill has finally been sorted out.

That is such a relief after three months of failed attempts.