cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave and Rejoin Virgin Media

sam168
Tuning in

Hi All

My current deal is ending and VM won’t match price so we are leaving on 1 Feb how quickly after that can my partner sign up as a new customer and get a new customer deal? Would rather stay with VM but not paying heavily inflated prices as a loyal customer. Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Anankha
Problem sorter

Some say a minimum of 3 months before you can rejoin as a new customer while others say 6 months.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have to have left for at least 3 months for any possibility of getting new customer deals, and even that is at the discretion of who you speak to, as you are treated as a returning customer & not a new one.

All equipment would have to be returned to Virgin if you terminate your agreement.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How long would we need to wait if the account was in a new name ie my partners.

Same I believe - 3 months.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

I know my BB hub will need to be returned but my partner will take out a new contract in her own name at our address is there a certain engagement of time before she can do this once contract in my name ends?

Anonymous
Not applicable
maybe. if its the same last name VM may not let you do that, if its another name you should be fine.

Hi sam168

Thanks for posting. 

The timescales are as follows;

You'd need to give thirty days notice to cancel and then have no service at that property before being able to re-join as a new customer. This applies to an account in your partners name also.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

So we have given 30 days notice service ends 1 Feb. So what date roughly can we get new service in my partners name?

Anonymous
Not applicable
2nd if you plan it right