cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment Fee £7.50

liquidfusionv
Tuning in

I'm a bit vexed about this because I changed my direct debit details at Virgin Media on the 1st November and my bill due date wasn't until 16th November.

All my other direct debits had been updated (Council Tax, Mortgage, Energy bill) except Virgin Media.
The DD details are correct on the Virgin Media page, as the account number/sort is just a copy/paste on the desktop, same as other bills.

I am being charged £7.50 for a late payment fee which Virgin hasn't even tried to collect and now wanting me to fork out? So now I am being charged last months bill, this months bill + £7.50.

Anyone experience a problem like this?
Trying to get through to Virgin Media customer service is almost impossible, no answer from any method

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @liquidfusionv, thanks for speaking with us today.

As advised in our conversation - please reach out to the team via the email provided.
As always - we're here to assist and let us know how it goes with the team.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

liquidfusionv
Tuning in

Can anyone confirm how this affects my Credit Score?

Clearly this is not my fault as Virgin failed to take money out of my account which had money in there.

Hi @liquidfusionv thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the late payment charge.
I will assist you on this and get this sorted out.

I will send a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @liquidfusionv, thanks for speaking with us today.

As advised in our conversation - please reach out to the team via the email provided.
As always - we're here to assist and let us know how it goes with the team.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Sorry to jump on your post, but i just received my bill and the same has happened to me. We moved end of October and switched our address, set up the new direct debit well in advance of the payment date and have now received a bill with a late payment charge. Like another poster asked, is this recorded on my credit score? I havent missed a payment, so its not my fault.

thanks 

sean 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi smurphy1981,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your bills, and incorrect Late Payment Charges. For future reference, please create a new post for any issues you're having, as this will prevent the original poster from receiving notifications of any thread updates and will prevent any delays in getting you the correct support.

I'm going to drop you a private message, so i can look into this further for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ