cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lasting Power of Attorney

KevinH5
Joining in

I sent a certified copy of my father's  lasting power of attorney to Virgin Media over 3 weeks ago. The document was returned promptly but I have received no confirmation that it has been registered - although the website seems to suggest that a confirmation letter is usually sent within 48 hours.

My attempts to discover if it has been registered so that I can help to manage my father's (who is in the early stages of dementia) account have been fruitless. The telephone customer service agents have spoken with seemingly have no knowledge of LPAs or which department would deal with them. In desperation I asked to speak with the bereavement team who, although very kind and attentive, could not help directly but suggested I e-mail the executiveteam@virginmedia.com. Despite 3 e-mails I have not even received an acknowledgement of the e-mail.

This is very poor customer service for Virgin Media's most vulnerable clients and is in stark contrast to every other  company - banks, utilities, insurance - I have registered the LPA with in the past few weeks. A cynic might wonder if it is a deliberate company policy to make such registrations difficult so that they can continue to deal with vulnerable, more malleable elderly clients.

Can one of the forum team help?

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KevinH5

Welcome to the community!

I'm very sorry to hear that the process has not been as easy for you as it is suppose to be. If we continue this conversation in private messaging are you able to pass account security on your father's account? We will need to pass this to discuss the account with you.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Dear Carly

I am happy to continue in personal messaging. I will be able to give you my father's name, address, tel number and account number.

However, I do not have any password, memorable word or security number as my father cannot remember how he accessed his account - which is the whole point of registering the LPA so that I can be given my own security details to access the account

Thank you for getting back to me @KevinH5.

Let's continue this through private message so I can at the very least locate the account to investigate and we can go from there. Please look out for my PM in your inbox. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @KevinH5

You should receive a confirmation letter with further information in the next 10 working days. 

Hopefully this is all resolved for you now. If you need any further assistance with anything else please don't hesitate to reach out to us again in the community forums. Any further issues with your Power of Attorney please let me know.  

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Carley