cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LATEST PROMOTIONAL OFFERS

GROBTIV
On our wavelength

Last time I was on the forum I got some very good advice about reducing my monthly Virgin media costs. My first idea was to reduce my TV package but was eventually persuaded to take up a package promotional offer which has lasted till now as an alternative way to reduce cost. Unfortunately I have now reached a stage where my monthly cost is about to rise by approximately 50%. At present I have a bundle consisting of

Television- Virgin TV V6 box powere by TIVO with Maxit TV

Broadband- M125 fibre broadband

Telephone-- Talk more anytime--- first with landline now VIA router

Can anyone advise me if changing to one of the new 360 promotional packages might help me keep monthly costs down. I am keen to retain my talk more anytime if possible since I am now housebound and the telephone is my link to friends and family

thanks for any advice

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, there's no such thing as a "360 promotional package" - that's a marketing thing. TV360 is the latest software which can drive your TV box, and it's totally different to the TiVo-software which drives your V6. There are substantial differences between the two, very similar to Apple vs Android. There's a lot of marketing material regarding TV360, which reflects the heavy push Virgin Media have on migrating customers. But unless you specifically want to convert, you don't need to.

Secondly, you mention your monthly cost increasing by 50% which I take to mean that you have a close-on 33% discount on your current package that's about to expire. You need to approach this in the same way as everyone else who posts with a similar query.

Do your own research into alternative providers for your combination of TV, broadband & phone services, so you know what the market has to offer - and what prices you could achieve as a new customer of those providers. With those figures in mind, and weighing up the potential inconvenience of cancelling VM and getting a fresh install (only you can decide this), decide on a price you are willing to pay VM per month - and call them to negotiate a new bundle.

If you are offered a price you are happy with, accept it there & then, the new bundle is usually effective immediately. If you aren't offered an acceptable price, request a (30days notice) cancellation and arrange your install from the alternative provider you've found. You can always use the 14days cooling off period if VM approach you with a better offer, but you need to be prepared to follow through with the disconnection.

Hopefully you can get a price from Retentions that you're happy with, and you won't need to do this. But get your prices first, because that'll give you the best chance. And do some reading up on TV360, because there's a very strong chance that Retentions will give you a sales pitch on it - if you don't want, you can keep your V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, there's no such thing as a "360 promotional package" - that's a marketing thing. TV360 is the latest software which can drive your TV box, and it's totally different to the TiVo-software which drives your V6. There are substantial differences between the two, very similar to Apple vs Android. There's a lot of marketing material regarding TV360, which reflects the heavy push Virgin Media have on migrating customers. But unless you specifically want to convert, you don't need to.

Secondly, you mention your monthly cost increasing by 50% which I take to mean that you have a close-on 33% discount on your current package that's about to expire. You need to approach this in the same way as everyone else who posts with a similar query.

Do your own research into alternative providers for your combination of TV, broadband & phone services, so you know what the market has to offer - and what prices you could achieve as a new customer of those providers. With those figures in mind, and weighing up the potential inconvenience of cancelling VM and getting a fresh install (only you can decide this), decide on a price you are willing to pay VM per month - and call them to negotiate a new bundle.

If you are offered a price you are happy with, accept it there & then, the new bundle is usually effective immediately. If you aren't offered an acceptable price, request a (30days notice) cancellation and arrange your install from the alternative provider you've found. You can always use the 14days cooling off period if VM approach you with a better offer, but you need to be prepared to follow through with the disconnection.

Hopefully you can get a price from Retentions that you're happy with, and you won't need to do this. But get your prices first, because that'll give you the best chance. And do some reading up on TV360, because there's a very strong chance that Retentions will give you a sales pitch on it - if you don't want, you can keep your V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

GROBTIV
On our wavelength

When I tried to get through to the virgin media retentions department to negotiate a revised deal I was put through to an Indian call centre. Unfortunately I had great difficulty in understanding what the woman who answered my call was saying. She tried her best to help in English but unfortunately her phraseology left me confused. I asked her to send me details of her offer by email to overcome the language difficulty but she was unable to do this. Is there any time of the day I can speak to someone in an English call centre?

G

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's never any guarantee anytime of day, but I believe the UK centres come online 8am so early-doors might give you the best chance.

Hi @GROBTIV

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

The best way forward would be to speak with our team on 0345 454 1111 so they can review your package and discuss things further with you 🙂

Best wishes

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

GROBTIV
On our wavelength

Thanks to the advice from forum members on here and virgin media staff I have now received a revised package for the next 18 months. In addition to the new package deal paperwork email , I also received two messages concerning referral links run by Aklam.io GmbH to signup for cash rewards for referring /recommending friends and family to signup to virgin media. One was a referral link, the second was to confirm my account for the referral program. This was mentioned during my package discussion but I am uncertain as to what I am signing up for? I certainly don't want my email address to be bombarded with unsolicited marketing messages if I do signup to the service? Is anyone had experience of signing up virgin medias referral program and what exactly is involved?

thanks G

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @GROBTIV 

There is usually a £50 reward for referring a new customer (if they take up the offer using your referral link)

This is sometimes increased to £60, £70 or £80 and when this happens you will receive an email from Aklamio to let you know of the increased reward amount. It's currently offering £60 per referral. Apart from that I haven't received any emails from them in the 5 years or so that I've been a member.

Details on the following page

https://virginmedia.aklamio.com/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

GROBTIV
On our wavelength

Seems to be quite a lot of negative opinions on Aklamio on the forum. They seem to operate as a completely separate entity from virgin media and on that basis I have decided not to sign up with them. I assume that this does not affect my new discounted virgin media package deal in anyway.

G