cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit collection by contactengine

apf1984
Tuning in

My old kit it due to be picked up tomorrow. Is it supposed to be boxed up in any way or can I just return this in a bag to the engineer? No instructions have been provided. 

11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Can't specifically answer your question about packaging but suggest you make a note of the details (model, serial no. etc.) of all kit that you are returning. Also note date and time the items are collected and some identifying details of the person who collects (van reg. no., staff badge ID no. etc.)

Some past topics have described long delays between equipment being picked up in this way and finally checked back in with VM, resulting in the customer continuing to receive unstoppable text reminders for the equipment (even though it has been collected).

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely take a note of all of the serial numbers etc on the back of this 👍🏻

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi apf1984,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Usually our team would send a returns pack to make it easier for yourself to place the equipment in and return it. 

However once they arrive, they will make note of the required boxes serial numbers and ensure it has been flagged as collected on any existing accounts.

I would also advise to make note as you said in case of any discrepancies for future reference.

Thanks,

Kain

Thanks for this Kain. So just to confirm I can pass over all the equipment in a normal bag in the absence of any return box having arrived?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That would be correct apf1984,

Our team regardless will take the needed equipment! 

Kain

It might be advisable to make a video of the handover with your smartphone.

mbozaritchie
Dialled in

I've just ditched VM for TV and home phone as I wasn't prepared to pay an additional £21.50 a month purely on principle.  

I've had the text through telling me that I will be contacted by ContactEngine to arrange a time for collection.

My question on this is, what if they are not able to collect at a time suitable to me?  I'm not about to take a days holiday to sit in the house all day waiting on someone who may or may not turn up on time.

Can I specify a date and time that they will arrive to collect? 

Hi mbozaritchie,

Thanks for posting, you should receive a text with a time and date, you will be asked to respond with 'Confirm' if the option given is convenient for you 🙂

Alex_Rm

What if the time isn't convenient?

Do they send another message?  If so, how many "tries" do I get before VM start bleating about the kit not being returned?