cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint account request

jonbee56
On our wavelength

Can you please tell me how to add my partners name onto my account as we both need access if something untoward would happen to one of us.

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

From answers to very similar queries to yours, I believe this cannot be done, accounts can only be in one name only.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jonbee56,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, we're here to help. 🙂

Unfortunately, as @jem101 stated, the account can be in the one name only. However, if you do want someone to have access to your account with the same power as the account holder, you can have one person set up as the Power of Attorney. This will help another person have access to your Virgin Media account as you wanted.

If something were to happen and another member of the family has to call in to discuss the account, we do have a Critical Illness and Bereavement team that they can get in touch with.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

In this current climate, don’t you think that with simply putting another person on the account, it would save an infinite amount of stress and heartache if someone were to fall ill and their partner was unable to access the account. It seems like quite an outdated attitude to me

jonbee56
On our wavelength
Would it be worthwhile suggesting the option at the next “lessons learn” meeting ?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jonbee56,

Thank you for coming back to us. I understand your frustration and appreciate your feedback. We will pass this on to our dedicated team to improve our processes in the future. 

As suggested, there is a Power of Attorney option available to have another person added onto the account. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs