cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itemised calls

2sheds16
Tuning in

HI I am in dispute with my travel insurer and they want me to tell them the time date and number I called them in May. Sine changing an anytime call package I no longer get fully itemised bills so c, if my cannot get the information online. I have tried online chat and was promised a fully itemised bill within 5 days costing 2 pounds. A week later I rang 150 and was told that the bill was posted yesterday. A week later I rang again and once again i's going in the post, I was also promised an email attachment of my bill, which came as promised as in exaclty as it appears online with no call information so useless. Is it too much to ask to be able to see my own bill. I cannot express how frustrating this has been and how useless the unhelpline has been. I need to see my a list of the call I made frommy landline for May 2021.

My only recourse as far as I can see, is to request all my data via a GDPR request to try and get my own information which is lunacy. Hope someone can assist.

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

This has come up in the past with a similarly frustrating outcome for the OP (ignore the VM responses in #3, #6 and #7)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Itemised-phone-calls/m-p/4710762

AIUI, the default limit for itemisation is 50p. You have to request full itemisation for it to appear on your bill. Even with full itemisation though, calls which fall within your VM package would not appear on any list, only chargeable calls. If you are on an anytime call package, VM may not actually retain that no-charge call information. I guess it would depend on other data retention requirements for police/investigative/legal uses but customer service staff may not be able to access the information directly.

You could try a GDPR request but suspect that would be processed by VM with the same efficiency as your other requests to date.

See if the forum team can shed any further updated light on the matter. They should reply on here within a day or two.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @2sheds16

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues getting hold of your itemised bill. 

The information that Gareth has provided via the previous thread is correct, only calls that are charged for will be shown on the Itemised bill. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks for the info, makes some sense I guess although this cannot be an unusual request. I can't believe they don't keep a record squirreled away, it's only a spreadsheet when all is said and done

I accept that free calls are not on the bill, but there has to be a way to get a list of ALL calls made. I need the information with regard to an insurance claim.

If the information is not held on the bill - how else can the information be accessed?

If the request wasn't important I wouldn't ask.

This is my phone - my contract - and as your customer and account holder - I would like you to take whatever steps you need to to provide me with this information as soon as possible please.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Unfortunately we don't hold the records of uncharged numbers called.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks for looking into it for me, I except what you are telling me although I am sceptical that the informtion is not available. I guess I'll have to change landline provider next time the contract is up. I'm still considering a GPRD request but waiting to here from my insurers first.

Hi 2sheds16, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

We understand the frustration but there really isn't anything we can do. A GDPR request will give you the information we hold on you as well as things such as call recordings, notes on the account and details of any complaints however a GDPR request would not give you information relating to calls you have made that are not chargeable. The reason for this is because we don't record this information. 

Apologies once for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs