cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's over, stop ringing me. Had you ffered £17pm for 100mbs at the first instance i might have stayed..

Huxley123
On our wavelength

@VM doesnt your retention team a) make notes after a call b) action on the conversation c) read the notes before contacting me again to ask why I was leaving and offering me a deal.

Eventually had verbal confirmation of cancellation, next day get a phone call to say i see you had problem can I make you an offer. Gave him the reasons for leaving, ie poor off shore customer service, extensive phone wait times, being hung up on etc etc. 

Annoyed to get another phone call today. I could have been polite but I wasn't. Looking back I don't blame him for hanging up on me as he was just doing his job. So sick of being offered deals the moment one mentions cancellation. Where was the enthusiam when there were technical faults... My mate down the road has left too, but playing the how low can you go game... £17 a month for 100mbs instead of list price £45+

5 REPLIES 5

fushionjulz
On our wavelength

It isn't true...they won't go below £31 pm (plus a £3.25 pm increase) for 100MB broadband...I have a Whatsapp stream saved stating that is the best deal...

If I was a new customer I could get £23.95 pm plus a £100 credit for a new 18mth contract.

When I asked to get the same deal a new customer could, no one would talk to me

My mate said he was offered £17. I trust my mate not to lie to me. Community fibre is going crazy in London. A local facebook poll showed ahird of my neighbourhood has switched/switching in the next month from VM.

PS: give 30 day disconnection notice and you will get a phone the day day after with a  "just because its you offer... " decline that and you will get another call a few days later... will be interesting to see if my mate gets a super special offer on day 29.... you will definitely get better than a new customer offer..

But that would make the customer service rep a liar (assuming your friend is not a liar)...surely not?

Ringing me to offer a better deal AFTER I have signed a new contract with another provider is not going to make me change my mind...They would have to pay ME to stay...and even then, I may think twice

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Huxleey123

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to your recent conversation when leaving.

As with all calls, full notes should be left on the account relating to the conversations our agents have with customers to make any subsequent calls easier and more informed. Although if a customer calls us back, account security would need to be passed prior to discussing the account in detail with the notes not visible until this part of the process has been completed.

Any actions agreed during the conversation should always be actioned. 

As with all providers we do offer introductory offers to new customers, at the start of all of our customers time with us they will have benefited from such a deal. Once this expires we'll always do all we can to offer the best existing customer deal available.

Rob