cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with signing up to My Virgin Media

jahsamjoh
Joining in

Hi, 

I have been going around in circles for the last week trying to sign up to the My Virgin Media, I have had repeated errors chiefly: 1) when inputting my information (date of birth, account number and area code) it returns this error "We haven't been able to find your details with the information you have provided", 2) when trying to enter a password I get this: "you can't use this password, chose a different one" and lastly 3) I got an error code DEF01.

I have cleared the cookies, cache, tried through a VPN, tried at least three different browsers and lastly tried the mobile app.   

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jahsamjoh,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues when trying to register for an online account.

If you're experiencing some errors when choosing a password, please try the following options:

• Keep password between 8-10 characters
  • Password must start with a letter
  • Only use letters and numbers
  • No special characters

Please let us know if this helps you with setting up your online account, or if you need any further support from us.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Paulina_Z,

unfortunately the advice you provided is not working as when I try to register now it states I already have an account set up. I then go through to try to reset the password that I have not set and then receive an error of "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media." Thus I seem to be in somewhat of an infinite loop.

I have also tried reseting my email address through providing my date of birth, account number and area code from which I get an error "We haven't been able to find your details with the information you have provided." Which is pretty concerning as you are charging me and I'm using your services but apparently the system doesn't know I exist. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Just to reiterate I have cleared cookies, the cache, used a VPN, used multiple browsers, tried at three different devices and multiple browsers. 

What further do suggest to get this sorted out as this is slightly ridiculous!!   

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jahsamjoh,

Thank you for coming back to me about your ongoing password issue. I do apologise that the password criteria I previously outlined did not help resolve this problem!

That does sound rather strange, I'll be more than happy to investigate this issue further for you to see what we can do to help. I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details and to see what I can do to help resolve this. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch with you soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jahsamjoh,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message and confirming that you've been able to set up your online account now without issues!

I'm glad that you now have access to your online account! If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We're here to assist.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team