cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with returning equipment

Crumsons
Tuning in

Hi,

Hope someone can help me here. I had changed my Virgin Media package and consequently was due to send back some equipment to Virgin, waiting for the packaging to arrive. Unfortunately in the meantime I had an accident which required emergency surgery. I've been in hospital and am currently far less able to do things than I was.

Virgin have been sending me reminders to return the equipment which I fully intend to do just as soon as I am physically able pack up the box and get it to a drop off point but unfortunately this is not going to be straight away. Now the reminders have started talking about charges which I would like to avoid as I feel I have a legitimate reason for the delay thus far.

I was trying to find a straight forward email address I could contact to explain my situation but the contact us page on the site directs to lots of help articles rather than contact details. Does anyone know how I can contact virgin with this (preferably not via the phone though I know this may be my only choice).

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM have no customer-facing email address, although staff do respond to posts on here once peer-based support has been exhausted.

The thousand dollar question here though, what equipment are you needing to return? You've not said... Kit that VM want back is listed on the page below.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's a TiVo box. Not entirely sure of the model. I have the box they want me to use to return it and directions on where/how to drop it off it's just I am not, at present, physically able to pack up and return the item and I was wanting to just let someone know and see if I could get a bit of an extension before they start applying charges to my account.

Hi @Crumsons

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've recently come home from the hospital, I hope you are recovering well. Please join me on private message so I can locate the account and pass security with you to investigate this further. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Crumsons

Thank you for joining me on private message. Glad to hear this was resolved and sorted for you. If you have any further issues regarding this, please come back to this thread and we'll investigate further. 

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley