cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues logging into new account on both online and My Virgin Media app

pocketrocket777
Tuning in

Tagging on to the OP's situation as I'm having the same exact issue with both online account and My Virgin Media app. I opened the account a week ago.

NB: I have tried clearing my browser cache/cookies/history, used different browsers, incognito etc and all with the same result.

I suspect mine could be due to two DIFFERENT account numbers had been assigned to me/my name. The first account number was created over the phone with one your Sales Reps - whom I have informed I do not need it as I will be signing it up myself via my company's workperk portal (second account number), and I have received the new account number

I was advised by the Customer Service team to ignore the first account number that was created by the Sales Rep over the phone. As it will be deactivated/cancelled after I have my broadband (new account number) installed by the technician on 25th November.

However at the moment, I'm having the following 2 issues:

1. Managed to login into the online account with my email address & password, but am seeing the error message "Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side. Please try again". I couldn't do anything to my online account at all.

2. My Virgin Media app is only showing me the account number that was created by the Sales Rep, I need it to be changed/updated to the new account number.

Would be grateful if I can get some advice to the issues above.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

pocketrocket777
Tuning in

Hello Forum team,

Tagging on to the OP's situation as I'm having the same exact issue with both online account and My Virgin Media app. I opened the account a week ago.

NB: I have tried clearing my browser cache/cookies/history, used different browsers, incognito etc and all with the same result.

I suspect mine could be due to two DIFFERENT account numbers had been assigned to me/my name. The first account number was created over the phone with one your Sales Reps - whom I have informed I do not need it as I will be signing it up myself via my company's workperk portal (second account number).

Could you kindly advise or PM me to discuss?

Many thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pocketrocket777

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post.

As for registering, have you received a new account number after signing up via your work portal?

Regards 

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Travis

Thank you very much.

Yes, I have received a new account number after signing up via my work portal. I was advised to ignore the first account number, which was created by the Sales Rep over the phone as it will be deactivated/cancelled after I have my broadband (new account number) installed by the technician on 25th November.

However at the moment, I'm having the following 2 issues:

1. Managed to login into the online account with my email address & password, but am seeing the error message "Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side. Please try again". I couldn't do anything to my online account at all.

2. My Virgin Media app is only showing me the account number that was created by the Sales Rep, I need it to be changed/updated to the new account number.

Many thanks.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pocketrocket777 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here about your My Virgin Media access.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi pocketrocket777, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I can see that you are currently PMing with Tom and he will aim to get things resolved for you. 

Kind regards, Chris.