cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a record? Over 24 hours on whatsApp to virgin media

colin99
On our wavelength

Started a whatsApp conversation at 14:39 yesterday after chat session said it would be quicker. After lots of questions got the "Transferring to an agent" message at14:41. Agent got in touch at 15:50.but couldn't get me a better deal. Transferred to Customer Relations messaging team at 16:09. Said they would be in touch as soon as possible at 16:14. I kept sending "Are you there" until just after midnight when I sent I was going to bed. At 07:40 I got a message saying Good Morning and they were just about to open for the day and did I still need help. I replied yes and got Transferring to an agent. 07:43 got "a member of our dedicated team will be with you as soon as possible. 12:00 I sent "Still here. Can't believe this is taking so long.". 15:24 someone got back to me. Whoever I was onto took a very long time between questions. 16:04 looks like all questions answered as told the person would now check my account. 16:19 and still no answer. Virgin Media needs to get its act together. This is outrageous.

19 REPLIES 19

colin99
On our wavelength

27 hours after WhatsApp started it finally finished. End result, however, was excellent. I got the package I wanted at an acceptable price. New 18 month contract so no need to get in touch with VM for a long long time. Hopefully, things will have speeded up by then.

Colin

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @colin99

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting in touch. 

Please do note, that whatapp isn't an instant messaging service and they do take some time to respond. 

Unfortunately we are not able to renegotiate contracts via the forums unfortunately. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

<quote>Hopefully, things will have speeded up by then.</quote>

I've been with Virgin/NTL for over 25yrs and the customer service has got steadily worse, not better...so I wouldn't hold your breath!

Thanks for your response @fushionjulz.

Have the team got back to you yet on WhatsApp?

Regards,

Steven_L

colin99
On our wavelength

Yes thanks. As I said I ended up with a package at a price I was happy with.

Colin

Glad to hear that you could agree to a new package and stay with us @colin99.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

BazC
Joining in

No! I think I beat that. We have been waiting  28 hours and 9 minutes so far. 🙄

newts
On our wavelength

Don't expect to get anywhere when you get connected. You will be fobbed off passed around with people putting you on hold pretending to be dealing with your enquiry. Eventually you'll be told something to pacify you & get you off the phone/chat. When you get no confirmation of your offer/issue via your account/email, you're back into the same loop of long waits, fobbin off & getting nowhere. I am weeks into trying to resolve an issue, absolutely zero progress!

30 hours. Still waiting….