Menu
1000Bubbles
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is there a way to rescind the contract?

Hi, I have taken up a contract with Virgin Media for phone and broadband back in July and so far we've had issues with the broadband dropping off several times a month. It's really unreliable and we've had to fall back on our mobile phone data so much so that we've now got a contract with unlimited data as back up. This week we've had issues again twice, called customer service and they said they'd look into it, however no timerfame for fixing given. I don't see the point in paying for something which is not reliable and paying for a back-up solution as well. Does anyone know if it's possible to rescind the contract? I would definitely not extend the contract once this is up next July!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is there a way to rescind the contract?

@1000Bubbles wrote:

Hi, I have taken up a contract with Virgin Media for phone and broadband back in July and so far we've had issues with the broadband dropping off several times a month. It's really unreliable and we've had to fall back on our mobile phone data so much so that we've now got a contract with unlimited data as back up. This week we've had issues again twice, called customer service and they said they'd look into it, however no timerfame for fixing given. I don't see the point in paying for something which is not reliable and paying for a back-up solution as well. Does anyone know if it's possible to rescind the contract? I would definitely not extend the contract once this is up next July!

Thanks

Well you're past the cooling off period. The yearly price rise gives customers the opportunity to leave early without penalty, did you see receive a price increase letter and if so when?

I suppose at the end of the day you can always hash things out with managers at VM via phone calls. A personal example of mine with another ISP: When I was stuck in a contract with BT and felt like I had been missold a deal+under performing services as well, I dealt with various managers via phone calls and they agreed to let me end my contract early with only a £30 early disconnect, rather than the £480 disconnect quote+£70 postage cost to send back their home hub 4.

Outwith a good will gesture from VM, you can always cancel early, but there is the early disconnection fee (EDF) of £250 or something like that.

Edit: Typo adjusted

Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there a way to rescind the contract?

Hello 1000Bubbles and thanks for your post,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing difficulties with our broadband service since joining and that you're thinking of leaving us due to this.

Since you're now well in to contract I would recommend getting in touch with our support team, following our fault reporting procedure here: http://virg.in/faults. The guys will do all we can to get any technical issues ironed out for you and will also raise a complaint in line with our code of practice here: http://virg.in/compscop.

Should you still wish to disconnect following it this our customer relations team can help and discuss what ending the contract will mean. You can reach the team on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111, option 1 then 4. Lines are open between 8am and 10pm Monday - Friday and between 8am and 6pm, Saturdays. 

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos