cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the a charge for removing sky sports and bt sports from my virgin tv package

Moretonmatthew
Joining in

Looking to save some money on monthly bills and wish to remove the sky sports, bt sports and maybe even the sky cinema channels from my tv package, but wish to keep everything else the same. Is this possible and is there a fee i have to pay to do so.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Moretonmatthew  - I've moved your post to the account section.

The short answer is, that it depends what package you're on and whether the Sky Premiums especially, are subject to any promotional discount.

BT Sport is included as standard on the Full-House & Maxit bundles, and can't be removed from those. You can check all of this on your "My Virgin Media" online account - look at your recent bills and current contract.

Any premium channels that you have at full-price can usually be removed with 30days notice. Any that you have with a discount deal, can be removed in the same way - but this might well necessitate a wholesale review of your package and trigger a new 18month contract. You can have a juggle with the "build a bundle" site (use "I'm new to VM") to get an idea of what standard pricing you can expect (ignore references to the 360 or any other equipment), but don't hold too much by this, because what matters is...

Forum staff can't get involved with package change issues, so you'll need to call VM on 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and speak to an agent to discuss your package and look at pricing options. Either choose "add & remove services" options or "thinking of leaving us"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't a fee but you may lose some discounts if they were in a deal.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you do cancel the Sky Cinema channels and have any recordings, be sure to watch those films before your subscription finishes.

Recordings from Sky premium channels are inaccessible once you no longer subscribe to them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

thank you for the reply. i do currently have the maxi package which i understand bt sports is included, so i'll have to keep them however, the sky sports and cinema channels appear as add ons in my contract. surely i can drop them whilst continuing with the rest of my contract?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're paying full-price for the Sky Premiums then in theory, yes. IIRC, Sky Sports is £31.75/month for SD or £38.75/month for HD. Sky Cinema is £21/month.

If your're paying less than that, then you'll have a promotional discount of some kind which can complicate the removal or mean your package needs to be-built.

This is why you'll need to discuss your account with VM by phone.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Moretonmatthew,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you make an adjustment to your package then be aware that, subject to the change you're making, this may make any discounts that you have in the package invalid, and may also enter you into a new minimum contract term.

I'm afraid we're unable to make any package changes from here, so it would be best to contact our retentions department by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) and they can outline your options for you.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!