cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Virgin retentions team now in the Philippines?

Argyll68
Joining in

Is the retention team now based in the Philippines? 

My broadband bill has increased by 30% which is unacceptable considering the rate of inflation is sitting around 11% 👀. I called Virgin and was on the phone with them for over 45 minutes. Not the kind of thing I planned to do on a Saturday morning. 

The lady I spoke to was nice but I struggled to understand her at times and there was loads of background noise. I was eventually passed through to retentions but again it was a Filipino lady who again I struggled to understand and there were still loads of background noise.

To be fair she also may have struggled with my Scottish accent which is why the retention team is normally based in the UK.

I was promised a deal and she said she would call me back but when she returned my call she said the deal wasn't available! She promised an additional 100mb on my broadband which I don't need.

I've spent around an hour on the phone which should have taken five minutes. 

I submitted my 30 day notice. No way am I paying an extra 30% on this. 

6 REPLIES 6

unisoft
Well-informed

@Argyll68 wrote:

My broadband bill has increased by 30% which is unacceptable considering the rate of inflation is sitting around 11% 👀. I called Virgin and was on the phone with them for over 45 minutes. Not the kind of thing I planned to do on a Saturday morning. 

The lady I spoke to was nice but I struggled to understand her at times and there was loads of background noise. I was eventually passed through to retentions but again it was a Filipino lady who again I struggled to understand and there were still loads of background noise.

To be fair she also may have struggled with my Scottish accent which is why the retention team is normally based in the UK.

I was promised a deal and she said she would call me back but when she returned my call she said the deal wasn't available! She promised an additional 100mb on my broadband which I don't need.

No UK, but if they get too busy they call in additional international folk.

unisoft
Well-informed

@Argyll68 wrote:

Don't fall for extra services you simply don't need. It's just value-add to make you think you got a bargain for the price increase. If you need it then fine, but M125 broadband is more than good enough for people who just send email and browse the internet and watch iPlayer. Gamers, multiple people who stream 4K, and those with needs to upload data to cloud or offsite servers are better are on the higher tiers. General statement - always exceptions....

I agree mate. I only had 100MB but the 250MB was for the Volte thing with O2. 100MB was fine for me in the past. I only need the broadband but not paying an extra 30% on it now.

I do regularly play Xbox and stream movies. Do you think the 100MB package is enough now? It seemed enough before I got the Volte thing last year.

@unisoft wrote:

@Argyll68 wrote:

No UK, but if they get too busy they call in additional international folk.

Is there any way to speak to a UK agent? It was a struggle and quite frustrating having to repeat myself several times. I did put my best chocolate voice on as well 😊

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Argyll68,

Welcome back to the Community Forums, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience when speaking with our team over the phone, I know it can get frustrating when you're unable to make out what the other person is saying.

I'm afraid that we are unable to help with package changes here from the forums, however you're able to discuss your package with us via Whatsapp too on +447305 327 112 (text).

You can also view your tailored options online here.

We do hope you're able to find the offer you're looking for 🙂

Beth

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Argyll68 wrote:.

Is there any way to speak to a UK agent? It was a struggle and quite frustrating having to repeat myself several times. I did put my best chocolate voice on as well 😊

Hi @Argyll68 

I'm based in Teesside and  used to work in call centres for Orange (Freeserve and wanadoo) and also nPower. I often had southerners calling me a Geordie 👿 or people asking me to slow down, so I understand the problems caused by accents, it's often bad enough speaking to people in the UK nevermind offshore.

The IVR systems work pretty much tthe same for all  companies and pass the call to the first available agent, irrespective of where they are located.

I'm afraid there isn't a direct line to UK agents, however there is more likelihood of speaking to a UK aagent if calling around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali