cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Netflix standard package now free with Virgin?

Teresa6
Dialled in

Hi,

I have been a Virgin media customer for many years and recently ( this month) changed my existing contract of oomph unlimited Sim M600 fibre broadband to Volt M600 fibre broadband, with Netflix included. I now keep getting emails telling me I need to activate my Netflix.

I am already an existing standard Netflix user and I don’t understand if Netflix is now free and included in the Virgin subscription, and I hope someone can help please. 

If I switch and then need to pay Virgin an additional fee for my Netflix instead, I don’t see the point of doing that so I’ll stay as I am. If it is free and now part of my subscription, there are no clear details on either the Virgin, or the Netflix site on how to change over from an existing account without messing anything up, 😳 I even asked a Netflix customer service person on Chat and they couldn’t help me either!

Please can anyone shed some much needed light?

Thankyou in anticipation, 

Teresa 

5 REPLIES 5

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Teresa6,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the confusion caused, it would be free with us if it is the standard Netflix subscription. If you activate it through the steps provided, it will all be done automatically.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

"The steps provided" will be an email from virginmediastreamingservices with a link to activate Netflix.

If activated that way you can link your current Netflix account and billing will change to included in your Virgin package.

But the issue is that it has been a long running problem with Virgin sending the email with a link , only got mine today after waiting 4 months!

Hi,

Thankyou and so sorry for late reply - your response notification unfortunately went into my spam and I didn’t see it - I got the link that you mention from Virgin a few days after the new subscription started and then realised it was part of the package but you’re right, very unclear and confusing before that. Sorry you had to wait so long for the link from them😳

Thanks Hayley,

yes, it all became a lot clearer once I activated the link from Virgin when my new subscription had started. I do think Virgin need to address the confusion about pre existing Netflix customers as it isn’t clear at all and it does make you think that the additional standard fee is now payable to Virgin instead of Netflix and not free. Netflix weren’t even clear on what happens.

Thankyou,

Teresa 

Thanks for the update, Teresa6 and for any confusion caused over the activation email.

We appreciate your feedback regarding and we will use this to improve the way we communicate for the future.

If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.